Hot sandwiches

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm having a reuben sandwich for lunch. I applaud the person that thought to put corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut and russian dressing on rye bread then grill that bad boy. Another favorite hot sandwich is a monte cristo. Other ones I enjoy eating are eggplant, chicken and meatball parms. But for those the type of bread is important. It has to be dry and cripy instead of the pasty hot dog bun roll. I'm not a fan of the open face or hot dip sandwich.

Back to the reuben, if you have an instant pot, that is the way to go. An hour and a half and you will have an amazingly tender piece of meat that isn't all falling apart.

Now I'm debating if I want to eat another sandwich since the 1 I just finished was so good.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My other quick and easy favorite is hard salami and swiss on rye, grilled in frying pan with lotsa butter.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Patty Melt. On rye with grilled onions and Thousand Island Dressing to dip it in.

Oh wow - I haven't had one of those in years. Now I want one.
reuben is one of my favorite sandwiches. I have also made it in a pan type dish just layer and put in the oven.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Turkey Reuben
BLASPHEMER!!