Hotel Charles

nawty1 said:
Depends on the band that is playing. Alot of the "veteran" musicians (from the 90's) play here...same guys different bands so I don't think you would be the only one not in diapers :) I hang out with Vertical Smile (don't let the name scare ya!) and they are playing there on the 4th of February...so if ya want to come down and sit with another not so young one come down and we can show the "kids" how to really have fun!

Thanks Nawty1 for an informative and mature response:) Can't believe how ridiculous some of these people are in their responses??!!
~RabbitLady

tipsymcgee

I haven't been since it reopened, but I know a lot of people that go there, late 20s to late 30s. They are booking a lot of bands from Ocean City and Virginia Beach and bands outside the area, which is good. It seems to be a popular place for people in Northern St. Mary's and Charles County. They usually have an ad in the Weekend section of the Enterprise on Fridays.

Mikeinsmd

RabbitLady said:
Thanks Nawty1 for an informative and mature response:) Can't believe how ridiculous some of these people are in their responses??!! ~RabbitLady
She's definately a newbie...... she'll learn. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hotel Charles is hit or miss. They remodeled the inside to accomodate for larger groups. Every so often they have bands (Crushing Day) and the place is packed. However, if it's just a regular weekend evening, only the small bar will be open. They bring in a DJ for music entertainment and dancing (small dance floor) and there are 2 pool tables.

Most of the people who frequent are regulars, and anywhere from mid-20's to 50-s. Same with band night only they bring in more than just the regulars.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
RabbitLady said:
Anyone give me some good info about this popular "hangout"? Used to work in the area, and I got the impression people of all ages frequented this establishment. Am I right?? Am over 40 (and still looking good!!) and don't want to be out with teenagers!!
Well 23 here and I have never heard of the place if that helps you out

somddj

Its great to hear that people are talking about Hotel Charles. Recently over the years Hotel Charles has made some great changes, bringing in a new look with some great bands and DJ music. I wanna encourage you to continue stopping in from time to time. I am the DJ there called "Lil John". You can read about me and check out the pictures on my web site http://www.somddj.com.

Friday nights Karaoke with over 19,820 digital songs
Saturday Bands and DJ music.

Voted number one in state of maryland for the best in Karaoke Songs and DJ music. Come check us out.

Thanks,

Lil John

deseh

Get me outta here!
When I went there, about a month ago, the band wasn't bad, the crowd was diverse, some of the girls didn't even look legal, the parking sucked, since there wasn't enough and people would block you in, there was a cover, typical S. MD "club"

nawty1

Poker Shark
This Friday night will be a good night to check out the club! The band I work with will be there and we always have a blast! We usually get a crowd in the age range of 27-45 and the parking isn't bad there on Friday nights. If you decide to check it out come up and say "hi" to me...I am the blonde with the camera!! Hope to meet some of ya! :yay:

fttrsbeerwench

I used to go there to see my friends bands play in highschool.

I went back on Saturday night about two weeks ago.. I watched two guys get the stuffing kicked out of them(by the bouncers) and some chick on the bar nearly got her neck broken trying to flash her goodies.. I got licked on the back by a very short, very drunk young guy, splashed with beer and left before closing so I could get a drink at Dragn Inn. :ohwell:

nawty1

Poker Shark
Seems like the "young" bands always draw a crowd I can't keep up with. I went there to see a band from Baltimore about a month ago and had to leave because it was a little too crazy for me. Seems the younger the crowd the bigger the attitudes...I don't like that, I just wanna go dance and have a few drinks and get rid of the work week stress :yay:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Chasey_Lane said:
They remodeled the inside to accomodate for larger groups.
Really? It doesn't show from the outside. To me, the building has always looked like it could collapse at any minute. I assumed the upper rooms were dens of narcotics and prostitution.

fttrsbeerwench

I don't think it looks an better on the inside.. The doorways had drywall falling out of them the bar in the back room was sorry looking. I wish Cadillac Jacks had a better crowd and would get bands... I always thought that was a nice looking bar.. I think it's going to waste.

somdcrab

fttrsbeerwench said:
I don't think it looks an better on the inside.. The doorways had drywall falling out of them the bar in the back room was sorry looking. I wish Cadillac Jacks had a better crowd and would get bands... I always thought that was a nice looking bar.. I think it's going to waste.
:confused: :confused: wtf

nawty1

Poker Shark
fttrsbeerwench said:
I wish Cadillac Jacks had a better crowd and would get bands... I always thought that was a nice looking bar.. I think it's going to waste.

:yay: I agree! That was a fun place...wish they would start bands again!

fttrsbeerwench

nawty1 said:
:yay: I agree! That was a fun place...wish they would start bands again!

The owner won't . He says it draws an unsavory crowd..Back in the day, theere were GoGo's that rawked!! But I guess to many black peopel made him nervous too.. What a shame!