house church?

GHLang

Is there any interest in the area for an alternative to the institutional church, such as a "house church"?

A local fellowship of believers who gather together under the headship of Christ alone?

watercolor

yeah yeah
I am personally not...but thanks for asking. I have found a church I looove and adore.

But.. HE always said..."where 3 or more are gathered... I am there" . It really doesnt matter where you worship or honor

J

justhangn

Originally posted by GHLang
Is there any interest in the area for an alternative to the institutional church, such as a "house church"?

A local fellowship of believers who gather together under the headship of Christ alone?

There are quite a few corn fields in the area, I'm sure there is someone that knows who you can talk to to get into the next event.

SmallTown

Football season!

No. I'm pretty sure somewhere in the bible it says god is an egotistical god and you must pray at the "house of the lord" only, and do it three times a week.

I think church is great. Nice way to get different views on a subject and meet people with similar interests. But I don't feel you have to belong to a church to be a true "christian" or whatever group you wish to follow. So I guess before we had technology to build huge churches and cathedrals, everyone went to hell.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: house church?

Originally posted by SmallTown
I think church is great. Nice way to get different views on a subject and meet people with similar interests.

Does that mean the forums are a church?? :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: Re: house church?

Originally posted by justhangn
Does that mean the forums are a church?? :lmao:

Now where is Larrys discussion about carrots when you need it :biggrin:

Yea. we're the church of the damned.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

I think a few of the churches in Calvert started out that way.

Hello6

Princess of Mean

Originally posted by justhangn
There are quite a few corn fields in the area, I'm sure there is someone that knows who you can talk to to get into the next event.

Just ask for Malachi, but don't let him know how old you are, they have this "thing" against adults.

Hello6

Princess of Mean

Originally posted by Sharon
I think a few of the churches in Calvert started out that way.

And the Heaven's Gate group, and the Branch Davidians.....

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: house church?

Originally posted by Hello6
Just ask for Malachi, but don't let him know how old you are, they have this "thing" against adults.

:smile: Exactly!!

amstone

House Church

My husband and I went to a house church in Texas 1995 and LOVED it! We were totally moved and have been looking for another since. We found a non denominational fellowship (kinda like a quaker meeting with no formal pastor), bible believing and it is wonderful but we have 3 kids and the fellowship is in Silver Spring. We are in Northern Calvert. Still looking....tried the corporate church thing....not for us. Let us know if you find anything. Doesn't seem to be a need around here for anyone else...unfortunately. Please ignore the other wacky messages on the thread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been to house churches before and found it a lot more interesting and spiritual than regular church. Why don't you all start your own house church?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I guess it depends upon what you are looking for from your church. I have little kids and prefer to have them in some manner of structured program. I like the idea of having a large body of people that care for each other that can (and do!) pitch in to help in a variety of situations.

However, I recently have discovered the blessings of small group worship as well. My church has several small group bible study sessions for a variety of people (men's groups, women's groups, couples groups, singles groups, older groups, younger groups, etc). In these small groups you can get a chance to know your fellow Christians more personally, including an understanding that we're all pretty much the same.

Remember that a church is not a building, but rather a fellowship of people that worship God in a similar manner. If you want info about the small group stuff my church is doing, feel free to contact me, or check out www.trinityumchurch.org