House Dem Seems To Think An Assault Weapons Ban Is Similar To Banning Plastic Straws

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, took things to a whole new level when he compared banning so-called assault weapons with banning – brace yourselves – plastic straws.

“I believe that the will of the American people can overpower obstruction in the Senate by the Senate Majority Leader [Mitch McConnell] in terms of bringing bills to the floor to a vote,” Richmond told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. “Assault weapons ban, high capacity magazines that hold the ammunition in these assault weapons and semi-automatic weapons, the overwhelming public wants to see that happen. Think about it. We live in a county where we have cities, right now, that are banning plastic straws but we can’t ban assault weapons? I mean, that just doesn’t make sense to me.”

"And look, I think banning plastic straws will save the environment. I also believe that banning assault weapons will save the lives of many people: children, mothers, sons, fathers and the list goes on," Richmond explained. "We've seen that time and time again."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...assault-weapons-banto-banning-straws-n2551838

Hijinx

These people do not give a rats ass about the will of the people.
They care about sucking up to the snowflakes to keep their cushy jobs.

If it was the will of the American People to ban guns the American people wouldn't own three Hundred Million of them.t

littlelady

God bless the USA
These people do not give a rats ass about the will of the people.
They care about sucking up to the snowflakes to keep their cushy jobs.

If it was the will of the American People to ban guns the American people wouldn't own three Hundred Million of them.t

And, don’t forget the part that they don’t give a rats ass because they will not live under the policies they are trying to force on the people...it’s all about the power of it all. Not to mention, while they try to wrestle guns away from the people, they will retain SS gov protection. That’s the killer of it all; so to speak. We have seen other countries implode because of these type of policies. And, to compare guns to plastic straws is ludicrous. I guess if you used a straw at the appropriate angle, and force, it could kill someone, also. :killingme: God bless the USA.

Last edited: