House Dems push legislation requiring banks to receive critical 'diversity and inclusion' rating

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"We need to change it and we need to change it right away. The excuse that we can’t find any, that’s what I’m hearing from some of you, that’s not acceptable," Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, said at a Wednesday hearing held by the subcommittee. "When you have power, you have to use it. We have the power. Regulations may be the thing to do. I think the carrot was a good idea, but after having heard some things today, I think we have to move to the stick, that’s regulations.”

[clip]

Specifically, the new category looks at whether depository institutions have policies to "encourage diversity and inclusion" in hiring practices; whether they train employees on diversity and inclusion; and whether they have a "Diversity and Inclusion officer" who reports to the CEO.

Any "equivalent rating by any such agency under a comparable rating system" should also have a diversity score, the bill states.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...iversity-index-to-banks-key-financial-metrics

NO You do not you arrogant bastard

SamSpade

You know - I do agree that diversity ought to play a part in the hiring process as far as choosing candidates to be interviewed.

After that - you get in on your credentials and nothing more. We hire people to do a job, not satisfy someone's need to HAVE a job.
At one of my last jobs, we hired someone - largely on account of diversity - and presumably she had an MIS degree. The lack of computer skill of this woman could not be understated - she did not understand how to save a file and had never seen drag and drop, much less ever copied a file from one place to another. We spent an enormous amount of time teaching her to do things your typical high school student knew, until we just gave up and gave her nearly pointless work to do while we did everything else.

However - when we have just simply let the credentials rule - we have hired a middle-aged Ethiopian woman who is seriously outstanding, and a rather meek Indian woman whose knowledge and imaginative use of Java makes me feel seriously stupid.

You do not hire to have diversity - when you are completely fair, it is highly possible you will HAVE diversity.

Diversity is not the goal - it is the consequence of a goal of fairness.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The lack of computer skill of this woman could not be understated - she did not understand how to save a file and had never seen drag and drop, much less ever copied a file from one place to another. We spent an enormous amount of time teaching her to do things your typical high school student knew, until we just gave up and gave her nearly pointless work to do while we did everything else.

Yep and she could not be fired for her lack of skills for the job at hand

SamSpade

Yep and she could not be fired for her lack of skills for the job at hand

In one of the most mysterious situations - she just flat out up and quit one day. I had already left that office, but my buddy told me she was really angry about something - and just walked out angry in the middle of the day - and never came back. Since this was government, I was sure she'd have to return for all the stuff they do for exit interviews and stuff - but I was told she just never returned.

Hijinx

In one of the most mysterious situations - she just flat out up and quit one day. I had already left that office, but my buddy told me she was really angry about something - and just walked out angry in the middle of the day - and never came back. Since this was government, I was sure she'd have to return for all the stuff they do for exit interviews and stuff - but I was told she just never returned.
Can we assume
When she left she told everyone that she was picked on there because she was black.
It isn't diversity that Greene wants, it's affirmative action rules and quotas.

Another brilliant member of the racist Congressional Black caucus.