House Judiciary Dem warns of contempt citation for Barr

PsyOps

Pixelated
House Judiciary Dem warns of contempt citation if Barr does not turn over documents

Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) on Sunday warned William Barr that he faces a contempt citation if the attorney general does not comply with requests for documents relating to special counsel Robert Mueller's report.
"I think if the attorney general does not, the chairman will ask the committee to move forward with a contempt citation," said Cicilline, who is a member of the House Judiciary Committee, in an interview with "Fox News Sunday."

Big deal! Holder's contempt of congress held absolutely no consequences. Stop wasting the peoples' time democrats and get on with the peoples' business.

Hijinx

House Judiciary Dem warns of contempt citation if Barr does not turn over documents

Big deal! Holder's contempt of congress held absolutely no consequences. Stop wasting the peoples' time democrats and get on with the peoples' business.

2 years they have spent trying to nail Trump and they have NOTHING
and they are too stupid to admit they have nothing.

So:: Let me ask this do you really believe this pack of ignorant lawyers who cannot question Barr without hiring ringer attorney';s can actually accomplish anything good even if they went back to doing their job.

PsyOps

Pixelated
2 years they have spent trying to nail Trump and they have NOTHING
and they are too stupid to admit they have nothing.

So:: Let me ask this do you really believe this pack of ignorant lawyers who cannot question Barr without hiring ringer attorney';s can actually accomplish anything good even if they went back to doing their job.

The thing that is blatantly obvious to me is these Trump-hating liberals are relentless at taking Trump down. It is their singular purpose. This will not allow them to stop the madness. It really may be the best thing for Trump.

Rommey

So you think the oversight authority given to congress by the constitution should be ignored and the executive branch should go unchecked?
No, they have an absolute right of oversight. But they are using the guise of "oversight" to be so unhinged about everything.
Is there some things Congress should be looking at with regard to oversight? Sure there are some questionable things, but when they started in November 2016 with the "impeachment" talk and have continued nonstop since, you have to wonder if they want to use their authority in a legitimate means or just use it as a "hammer" and smack down anything they disagree with.

When you are outraged about virtually everything, its hard to take you seriously when you might have a legitimate concern about something. And when you are a member of the House and you go out on the news and claim people must be impeached, yet you do nothing about it, it really makes you wonder about their motives. It's also interesting to note that since January when the Dems took over the House, a lot of people they have disagreed with had demands for resignation/firing or impeachment. There's no middle, it automatically go to the extreme.

Midnightrider

No, they have an absolute right of oversight. But they are using the guise of "oversight" to be so unhinged about everything.
Is there some things Congress should be looking at with regard to oversight? Sure there are some questionable things, but when they started in November 2016 with the "impeachment" talk and have continued nonstop since, you have to wonder if they want to use their authority in a legitimate means or just use it as a "hammer" and smack down anything they disagree with.

When you are outraged about virtually everything, its hard to take you seriously when you might have a legitimate concern about something. And when you are a member of the House and you go out on the news and claim people must be impeached, yet you do nothing about it, it really makes you wonder about their motives. It's also interesting to note that since January when the Dems took over the House, a lot of people they have disagreed with had demands for resignation/firing or impeachment. There's no middle, it automatically go to the extreme.
We only get to vote for our representatives, we don’t get to choose what each house of congress decides as a body to consider for oversight. However, the constitution says they have that authority. If they request documents, they should get them, or a very good legal explanation in their place. If they request testimony, they should get it.

What they really need to do is figure out their contempt rules so that they can have some teeth in their edicts. Holder make a joke of being in contempt of Congress. They should have dragged him into congress in cuffs and they should do the same here, if Barr refuses to testify

This_person

no, no she cannot ..... she will contiontue to claim a position and only back up the claim with 'yeah they do'
Actually, Spanker refuses to acknowledge my existence. To acknowledge me would require acknowledging my points, and Spanker can't do that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Oversight is like impeachment. It means whatever Congress wants it to mean at that particular time. Something we just have to put up with.