House of Delegates 29 A, B & C

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
My personal feelings and observations:

Johnny Wood 29A - Too much of a good old boy in the political sense, meaning that he seems like a corrupt wheeler and dealer who sells out the voters in smoky back rooms. Plus, he's been in office too long, and I favor term limits for all political offices on general principle.

John Bohanan 29B - A nice guy personally. But the Democratic machine seems to be grooming him for higher office, which is another way of subverting the democratic process. I hope he doesn't become like Wood in 25 years.

Tony O'Donnell 29C - Panders to religious voters, scaring them with some nonexistent threat to straight marriage from gay marriage. I find that sad, because he's a mainstream Republican and he could be a counterbalance to machine politics.

J

JPC, Sr.

The Truth Will Set Us All Free.

Footballfreak said:
Ok folks what do you think of our current delegation?

Johnny Wood 29A
John Bohanan 29B
Tony O'Donnell 29C
Oligarchyyyyy!!!!!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Wood - Conservative Democrat. Straight shooter. Definitely NOT the guy Tonio described above. Out of favor with Democratic leadership in the State because he works for his constituents. I would move to his district if he needed 1 more vote to win.

Bohanan - Charismatic and groomed by Stenny Hoyer. Absolutely a political wheeler-dealer. Will sell his soul in the back room if the Democratic Party leadership needs it.

O'Donnell - one of the hardest working Delegates in the State. Does a good job for his constituents. All business, but a pretty nice guy behind the serious front.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Johnny Wood is a good old boy, and you know what? That is a good thing. He is a good guy who uses COMMON SENSE to make a decision. He helped out my uncle w/ the tree expert fiasco late last year, so he was able to keep his business. You should try talking to him sometime.

John Bohanon is too worried about staying on Hoyer's coattails to be concerned about Southern Maryland IMO. He strikes me as the poster boy politico with an interior of pure sleaze.

I really have no opinion of O'Donnell other than the support he gave Del. Wood with the tree thing.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Oz said:
Wood - Conservative Democrat. Straight shooter. Definitely NOT the guy Tonio described above. Out of favor with Democratic leadership in the State because he works for his constituents. I would move to his district if he needed 1 more vote to win.

Bohanan - Charismatic and groomed by Stenny Hoyer. Absolutely a political wheeler-dealer. Will sell his soul in the back room if the Democratic Party leadership needs it.

O'Donnell - one of the hardest working Delegates in the State. Does a good job for his constituents. All business, but a pretty nice guy behind the serious front.
Were we separated at birth? :lmao:

Republican

Oz said:

Wood - I think you got him right. It would be better if he were a Republican. :razz:

Bohanan - He is so swift that he does not know that he is selling his soul. :smack:

O'Donnell is currently on a power trip. Note that he cannot carry the Calvert voter and depends on St. Mary County to win. He works for the Calvert people and hopely the St. Mary's people will send him home. He has become a McKay supporter and he will probably take a significant hit when McKay fails in his bid for State Senator. :elaine: