House votes to enforce subpoenas for Trump officials

Chris0nllyn

The full House of Representatives voted Tuesday on a civil contempt resolution to enforce the congressional subpoenas of the Trump administration. The resolution passed by a vote of 229-191, with 13 people not recording a vote.
Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler made a surprise announcement earlier this week that the Justice Department had agreed to begin allowing the committee to access some of Mueller's underlying documents in response to the committee's subpoena.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-subpoenas-for-trump-administration-officials-barr-mcgahn-vote-2019-06-11-today/

Toxick

Splat
I hope they start the impeachment process soon.

If they want to energize Trump's base, completely disenfranchise voters who are already completely exhausted by the nonstop shitshow of pettiness and sour-grapes, and lose any slim chance they may have in 2020, they should really get on the stick with that.

This_person

I think it says something about the subpoenas that they have to vote on whether or not to actually enforce them.

I wonder if they'll open that jail back up, like Pelosi mentioned....
Speaker Pelosi said:
“We do have a jail in the basement of the Capitol...." remarks given regarding AG Barr

CPUSA

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think it says something about the subpoenas that they have to vote on whether or not to actually enforce them.

I wonder if they'll open that jail back up, like Pelosi mentioned....
You know that they have a great record for doing things that come back a few years later and bite them in the ass. Maybe they're thinking that if they open that can of worms they might end up in that little jail.