Houston police union demands judge resign after officer killed by ‘habitual’ offender: ‘Blood on your hands'

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Texas gunman who killed one officer, left second critically wounded had violent criminal history

Houston's police union is demanding a judge’s resignation following a shooting that left one officer dead and another sergeant critically wounded – arguing that the alleged gunmen who was also killed should have never have been let out of jail on a reduced bond given his violent criminal history.

Houston Police Officers' Union President Douglas Griffith is blasting Harris County's 208th District Court Judge Greg Glass (Democrat) following a deadly shooting early Monday as officers assigned to the Major Offenders Division arrived at a home at 5350 Aeropark Drive to serve a narcotics-related warrant.

"We are calling for his resignation," Griffith told Fox News Digital on Tuesday. "The community is becoming more and more outraged. This is the 138th person, one of our officers, over the last two years that has been killed by someone out on multiple felony bonds."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think judges AND lawyers should be held accountable when they facilitate the release of a violent criminal who goes on to re-offend. Forcing them to resign isn't enough; they need to be held legally accountable as an accomplice.

black dog

Free America
This is the 138th person, one of our officers, over the last two years that has been killed by someone out on multiple felony bonds.

Seems some judges need replacing..

phreddyp

I think judges AND lawyers should be held accountable when they facilitate the release of a violent criminal who goes on to re-offend. Forcing them to resign isn't enough; they need to be held legally accountable as an accomplice.
Your suggestion does not surprise me in the slightest , right change the whole system because of this incompetent fool. This is why elections are held to get the best people who want the job . The voters wanted this jerk and they got what they wanted let them live with him. It isn't just this lone judges fault this guy was a train wreck waiting to happen, the whole system has failed the citizens of Houston.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your suggestion does not surprise me in the slightest , right change the whole system because of this incompetent fool. This is why elections are held to get the best people who want the job . The voters wanted this jerk and they got what they wanted let them live with him. It isn't just this lone judges fault this guy was a train wreck waiting to happen, the whole system has failed the citizens of Houston.

You know what? You're right. In fact the voters in Houston and LA and NYC and all of them indeed voted for this, so they should have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

I stand corrected and thanks for the reminder. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Your suggestion does not surprise me in the slightest , right change the whole system because of this incompetent fool.

Your rant would hold more water if not for the verifiable fact that the system is rife with fools like that. But, yes...blame all of that crap on the voters because that is truly where the real blame lies.

phreddyp

Your rant would hold more water if not for the verifiable fact that the system is rife with fools like that. But, yes...blame all of that crap on the voters because that is truly where the real blame lies.
No question that the system is rife with them , my whole RANT was you don't throw out the baby [ aka our judicial system ] with the bath water. We have the best judicial system money can buy. It should be tweaked not thrown out.

black dog

Free America

Because politicians and those that run for office have always upheld what they said to get them in that office/chair after they get in the office/chair.... lol