How ‘bout that you honkey!!

Hijinx

"All lives matter" is now a racist response????
Give me a phucking break, That is insane.

Now tell me who the racists are.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If people stopped supporting the outfits that make these stupid decisions, perhaps after a few of them collapsed they'd stop.

SamSpade

"All lives matter" is now a racist response????
Give me a phucking break, That is insane.

Now tell me who the racists are.

The biggest part of the problem is that no one seems to realize that people filter information based on their experiences, however limited they may be. When someone who is black - and has strong opinions about the subject - the phrase "all lives matter" to them is dismissal of the term "black lives matter". BLM to them is a slogan to fight what they see as black people being marginalized in every area of society. To them, hearing "all lives matter" is a crude way of saying, yeah, you're full of chit.

No one wants to see things from any other point of view. See, from my point of view, having to carefully tiptoe through EVERY SINGLE turn of phrase that might be termed as racist is an exercise in futility, because someone seems to constantly find some OTHER way to brand my language as racist. I cannot "win". And my perception is, that is the goal. If the goal is to label me as a racist NO MATTER WHAT I DO OR SAY - then my response is there's no point to change anything at all.

What I would really like to hear after all the smoke clears - is, in definitive terms - what the nation would be like if it was the way they wanted it to be. Definitive. Not vague generalities. When someone is constantly vague and always speaks in generalities, my thought is clearly, they don't have any idea. What I would like to hear is, if this nation doesn't "get it" - what nation DOES? I'd like to hear - should we be more like - what - France? The UK? Canada? What country gets it "right"? What do THEY do they makes it different?

Hijinx

I suppose I see things in my own mind something like that.
When I see Millions of blacks aborting their children, when I see hundreds being shot and killed in our major Democrat cities.
I see these thigs happening and black lives lost without any complaints I have to look hard when they say Black lives matter.

What I see when they say Black Lives Matter is that they don't believe anyone elses life matters, and they show it when they rob and kill. If black lives matter why do they burn black business's and put blacks out of their homes when they burn in their own neighborhoods.. I suppose the lives of the blacks in the neighborhoods they are rioting in don't matter.

No-------------I don't see anything about these riots that shows that black lives matter.
I merely see anarchy by a criminal element among black people that they need to educate tehmselves against.

Nothing is as ignorant and stupid as a riot. There is absolutely no thought given in a riot.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The biggest part of the problem is that no one seems to realize that people filter information based on their experiences, however limited they may be. When someone who is black - and has strong opinions about the subject - the phrase "all lives matter" to them is dismissal of the term "black lives matter".

Well, I don't give a damn anymore. Actually, I never did, on this subject. If someone feels dismissed over "all lives matter", I don't care. If me saying "your life matters, and your life matters, and over there your life matters..." is offensive, then kiss my ass. I will never buy into the racial segregation game. And that's exactly what these "black lives matter" people aim to accomplish. They want to roll back decades of accomplishment in this country to fight for the rights of black people, and separate us again; but under a very different premise. If you view me as a racist, I don't give a $h!t. I know what I am, and I don't need some bigot telling me otherwise.

SamSpade

Well, I don't give a damn anymore. Actually, I never did, on this subject. If someone feels dismissed over "all lives matter", I don't care. If me saying "your life matters, and your life matters, and over there your life matters..." is offensive, then kiss my ass. I will never buy into the racial segregation game. And that's exactly what these "black lives matter" people aim to accomplish. They want to roll back decades of accomplishment in this country to fight for the rights of black people, and separate us again; but under a very different premise. If you view me as a racist, I don't give a $h!t. I know what I am, and I don't need some bigot telling me otherwise.

I think that the biggest part - is what I've said elsewhere. No one has anyone else's perspective. Remember that journalist who decided to visit "flyover country" to figure out just WHY these people support Trump? What he learned completely shocked him. He expected to meet ignorant unfriendly hayseeds. He found quite the opposite. But it was largely because he'd only ever seen them through the prism of his urban Democrat controlled life. His worldview didn't include farmers with degrees who use smart machines to do the job or miners whose grasp of technology exceeded his own.

If people can't afford to go abroad - and I've only visited a half dozen countries outside my own, and only briefly - they should at the very least get to know someone - in person - who has made the effort to become a citizen here. Unlike the few illegals that I have met, who often come here largely out of opportunism - and I don't mean that disparagingly - people who make the willful, determined effort to become citizens are very often the most patriotic people you will ever meet. They LOVE this country - and they usually have a good reason. And I mean people of all colors. They love it. They might tell you "police brutality? In my old country, they ARE the criminals". Hatred? "Half the people in my village are dead because of racism. People in the United States may not understand everything, but they want to. Not where I came from." I have heard these remarks with my own ears.

I think people don't get - numbers. It IS true that blacks and Hispanics are more LIKELY to be in poverty. But there are nearly as many white people in poverty as there are blacks in this country. Actually, the very poorest measurable group are Native Americans, followed by disabled people of all races. But nobody fights for them in great numbers.

There are about six times as many white people in this country as there are black. So if the measure of "white supremacy" is measured by the number of Academy Award winners, it's important to remember the nation isn't half black - it's one eighth black. If it bothers some to see that millions of affluent Americans are white, they're ignoring the 120 million that aren't affluent by any stretch. Some of it IS racism - but a great deal of it is perspective. People don't see it - because it doesn't enter their sphere.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Who gets to determine that the term All Lives Matter is somehow racist? I thought we was all about the inclusivity?

I saw an article where the writer addressed his comments to Saltine Americans. I'm confused if I'm suppose to be shocked, pissed off or laugh at this description of what I'm assuming the author was referencing white people.

Somehow the term wypipo is suppose to be derogatory. I think it's an endearing term. Sort of how you imagine a baby saying the word.

SamSpade

Who gets to determine that the term All Lives Matter is somehow racist? I thought we was all about the inclusivity?
I don't think the prevailing view has anything to do with that anymore. I don't think it's about inclusivity at all.
I think it's about white people openly embracing their failure as all being racist, and they have benefited from white privilege and live in a white supremacist culture.

Chris Plante had a recording this morning about a woman who was being asked to KNEEL in solidarity with Black Lives Matter, and would she apologize for her white privilege. I didn't see a video but her whimpering suggested that she was frightened, not apologetic.

To my ears, it sounded exactly like what a British soldier might say to an American rebel - an apology for their treason and to kneel before the king or his appointed representative.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
it's about white people openly embracing their failure
Individual, personal responsibility provides a greater degree of success than what any other group is doing. If the racism is systemic, how do they account for successful minorities that are somehow vaccinated against this racism? Outside of the sports and entertainment industries, successful people of all stripes follow along a certain path. That path usually includes education, grit, risk taking, luck, IQ and a few other positive attributes. Ben Carson, and people like him, should be put on pedestals as people that need to be emulated to attain some sort of success in America.

To point to a kid in jail that hardly ever attended class, did drugs on a regular basis, didn't read books, commited felonies and exhibited a host of other negative traits as a victim of so called racism is ridiculous.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Individual, personal responsibility
Let me stop you right there mister. How dare you deny anyone the right to blame all their problems on others.
They just want to hold all those people that have oppressed them responsible.
That includes stupid spoiled white kids as well.
They want someone else to pay off their debts, to hand them stuff too.
Lazy, stupid, entitled people are not limited by race, ethnicity or gender.

That said, I lay the blame for them on the lack of leadership in their community and homes.
The founder of BET is saying we need 4 trillion dollars to pay reparations. What's the message?
Universal income. What's the message?
Free healthcare, college tuition, quotas?
What is all comes back to is the political leadership of this country has pushed hard to create a class of people dependent on them for a living.
A living provided by the government, as long as they simply fail to achieve.

SamSpade

Not sure what thread to put this on, but I saw this and was very encouraged. One of my relatives who is extremely liberal and is of the "agree with me or I will unfriend you" type, put a post to meet with people - AFTER the protest. Not to show 'solidarity' - but to help business owners clean up the mess the 'protesters' left behind.

UglyBear

they should at the very least get to know someone - in person - who has made the effort to become a citizen here. Unlike the few illegals that I have met, who often come here largely out of opportunism - and I don't mean that disparagingly - people who make the willful, determined effort to become citizens are very often the most patriotic people you will ever meet. They LOVE this country - and they usually have a good reason. And I mean people of all colors. They love it. They might tell you "police brutality? In my old country, they ARE the criminals". Hatred? "Half the people in my village are dead because of racism. People in the United States may not understand everything, but they want to. Not where I came from." I have heard these remarks with my own ears.
Preach it, brudda Sam!
I am available for "getting to know me in person".

I accept gifts of beer (not IPA), ground beef and fresh seafood, in exchange for broadening your horizons by being in my general vicinity. :p