How about SOMD BBQ? Who's your favorite?

Where would you go in SOMD for complete meal, main dishes and sides, best overall?

• Lefty's

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Bear Creek

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Dale's Smokehouse

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • George's

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • T & J's

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Smokey Joes

• Johnny Boys

• Grill Sergeant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy's

• Texas Ribs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blister

The sandwich thread got me thinking about BBQ. What is your go to spot for an all around meal, not one item ie. ribs, pulled pork, etc. Everything including sides if you were getting a meal for friends/family?

Blister

Well I messed up the poll, I had "Adam's Rib and Other" as choices but somehow I screwed it up and can't seem to edit the poll now. Anyway I am all T & J's myself now for overall.

I wasn't impressed with Adams, Boomerangs and Bear Creek before they moved. Haven't been to the new Bear Creek.

I like the French Dip at Smokey Joes, but have them used sliced pork instead of beef. And the brisket sandwich at Mission is really good.

luvmygdaughters

I wasn't impressed with Adams, Boomerangs and Bear Creek before they moved. Haven't been to the new Bear Creek.

I like the French Dip at Smokey Joes, but have them used sliced pork instead of beef. And the brisket sandwich at Mission is really good.

Ooohh, forgot about Mission, haven't tried it yet. I thought I read somewhere that a Urban BBQ was supposed to be going in the Ahern Insurance building on 5 in Leonardtown, haven't seen anymore about it though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where is the new Bear Creek? I didn't think they re-opened after the fire at the place in Callaway.

Curtis re-opened as a "carry out only" operation in what used to be Knott's Kitchen, across the street from Callaway Post Office and Bob's Sunoco...on Rt. 249.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The regular BBQ offerings have not changed. The brisket is excellent..the rest just "OK", IMO. But some of the daily specials are awesome. It's convenient...if I do leave the island to visit the "real world", it's usually still only to go as far as LP or L'town.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Toss up between Vince's smoked brisket or Pete's campground ribs.

Bonus points if you have friends that have smokers.

I was going to say.... there are many of us that would say our own BBQ is better than most you can get around here. My dad says my ribs are the best he's ever had. And hoping I don't strain my arm patting myself on the back, I agree.... :biggrin:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was going to say.... there are many of us that would say our own BBQ is better than most you can get around here. My dad says my ribs are the best he's ever had. And hoping I don't strain my arm patting myself on the back, I agree.... :biggrin:

In that case...I'd have to throw in my rotisserie hog BBQ too. Used to do at least one every year, around 100-110# dressed weight, but I have not done one in about 5 years... Still have the roaster though.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I like Adams in PFred. Their steaks are great and the nachos are really good, not to mention the drink prices are pretty reasonable.

doubtfull24

My dad and I are starting a BBQ business this summer Piggy Tails BBQ. Mostly catering and events but will also set up local. I like Grill sergeant ,Mission BBQ and Smokey Joes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This ^^^

SoMD isn't known for it's BBQ options, plus we're spoiled by TX and TN road trips. Around here - and I know I'm going to catch #### for this - but Mission BBQ is probably the best.