How about them tax cuts!!!

transporter

Talked to a friend today: their family's vacation plans have been cancelled. Why? Because of the guidance provided under that amazingly middle class friendly tax cut. His tax guy said the employers were told not to withhold enough last year...so the refund he expected was eaten up completely.

I've heard similar stories more than once over the past few weeks. Folks who were expecting refunds similar to what they got the past 5 years got little to nothing.

Wonder how Gilligan's employees did this tax season? Dumbass Gilligan, with his graduate level math and statistics courses, didn't understand that a 2% tax cut couldn't result in a 3.5 increase in tax home pay!!!

NextJen

Raisin cane

TCROW

Talked to a friend today: their family's vacation plans have been cancelled. Why? Because of the guidance provided under that amazingly middle class friendly tax cut. His tax guy said the employers were told not to withhold enough last year...so the refund he expected was eaten up completely.

I've heard similar stories more than once over the past few weeks. Folks who were expecting refunds similar to what they got the past 5 years got little to nothing.

Wonder how Gilligan's employees did this tax season? Dumbass Gilligan, with his graduate level math and statistics courses, didn't understand that a 2% tax cut couldn't result in a 3.5 increase in tax home pay!!!

If your friend is planning vacations based on his expected tax refund, he’s doing it all wrong. All wrong.

My goal is always end up +/- 100 or so. This year was no different because I work to ensure it.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
You're kidding, right? This is your take on the tax cuts?

Holy Moses.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Rommey

Talked to a friend today
WOW! YOU have a friend????
I find it hard to believe with your stellar social skills.
His tax guy said the employers were told not to withhold enough last year...so the refund he expected was eaten up completely.
Are you really that stupid? The IRS puts out withholding tables, so if the employers didn't withhold enough, then they are the ones to blame. That or the employee filled out their W4s wrong.
I've heard similar stories (more like voices in your head...) more than once over the past few weeks. Folks who were expecting refunds similar to what they got the past 5 years got little to nothing.
People planning for refunds aren't planning very well.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
WOW! YOU have a friend????
I find it hard to believe with your stellar social skills.

It is sad, but I had to laugh. In my time here, I have never seen the OP be happy about anything. Oh wait, I think OP agreed with a member, recently. I will research that, and get back to you. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
We ended up paying far less this year. Wife and I both adjusted our withholding last year.