How bout them WHITE SOX

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well, its been a LONG time, but the boys are goin back to the World Series :) I must say, its a bout time..No Yanks, no Red Sox, no Angels... haha, its nice to see a change in there :) definitly nice to see the team Ive liked since I was 5 there.... :cheers:

donbarzini

You've gotta like 'em for the Series, because the heart of their order is on fire and Hermanson has had a chance to rest his back in case the Jenks kid vapor locks from the pressure. The only worry they might have is if Houston beats the Cards(which looks likely). The pitching Houston has could pose problems.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I think they will be good to go, I actually think it would be a the best World Series in a while if it was ChiSox and the Astros... they are very comparable in alot of ways...the thing they have goin for them is that there away record is better than ALOT of teams home record...an they have home feild advantage...so... with all the rest they are getting, I believe it will be a good series with the Sox there :thewave:

donbarzini

Yeah, they do match up pretty well. I think it would be a better series for two reasons. The match-ups and the fact that La Russa is a moron that has ruined pitching staffs on three teams now!! And if Dave Duncan was such a GREAT pitching coach he would have gotten a shot at managing by now.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I'm am so pumped for the Astros. Going to be glued to the game tonight. If they make it it will be the first time in franchise history and only the third time that a pro sports team in Houston has made it to the championship game. I gotta have something to be excited about instead of the Texans.

StanleyRugg

I am kinda fond of white sox myself. The ones with colors make my feet get a rash. Momma Rugg says it's the die in them so I only wear white sox. Momma Rugg gets pretty mad when I run out to the inventin hut in stockin feet cause they get terrible dirty.

While I like white sox alot I reccon I don't see what to get so excited about them for though.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well, the good thing about the ChiSox an Astros, and why it would be such a great serie is the fact NO ONE gave them a shot at even making the playoffs in preseaon and all that, next thing ya know...both in the playoffs, ChiSox are in the WS, hopefully the Atros make it...I think it'll definitly have more ratings also, because its like both them teams are a workin man's type team....they way they play, click, and all that kinda stuff... They dont have the high payrolls...both have a few crafty vets, but for the most part, when you pic a fantasy team... 99% of people, wouldn shoot for any of them if they had first pick of a draft...I look forward to Saturday night in Comisky :)

donbarzini

StanleyRugg said:
I am kinda fond of white sox myself. The ones with colors make my feet get a rash. Momma Rugg says it's the die in them so I only wear white sox. Momma Rugg gets pretty mad when I run out to the inventin hut in stockin feet cause they get terrible dirty.

While I like white sox alot I reccon I don't see what to get so excited about them for though.
:killingme :killingme :spank: :killingme