How can a "Looking for a Good Home" OTTB

Chickadee1

that was on Leighton Farms website under the name "Strightup Twelve" now be in the classified a week after it was picked up at the track in Bowie?......really sad that someone would try to sell a free horse and not even give it time to come down from being on the track.......sure hope this guy gets in the right hands........

"Danny" is a flashy chestnut (three socks and a star) Thoroughbred gelding ready for a new job. This big boy, at 5years old and 16.2hh is ready to start a new career with potential to go far in any discipline you throw at him. He has been turned out for a bit and is ready to start back your own way. Gorgeous trot and uphill canter on this fella. I believe he would make a great hunter/jumper/eventing horse. Super athletic. Gets along will with anyone. Low man on the totem pole. Price negotiable to a great home! Lots of pictures available by e-mail.
Seller Information

Name: C D
Advertisement - Pets & Animals

Strightup Twelve on the track
YouTube - Punkie7337's Channel
before

last week with the person that picked him up off the track....

Last edited:

Robin

that was on Leighton Farms website under the name "Strightup Twelve" now be in the classified a week after it was picked up at the track in Bowie?......really sad that someone would try to sell a free horse and not even give it time to come down from being on the track.......sure hope this guy gets in the right hands........

"Danny" is a flashy chestnut (three socks and a star) Thoroughbred gelding ready for a new job. This big boy, at 5years old and 16.2hh is ready to start a new career with potential to go far in any discipline you throw at him. He has been turned out for a bit and is ready to start back your own way. Gorgeous trot and uphill canter on this fella. I believe he would make a great hunter/jumper/eventing horse. Super athletic. Gets along will with anyone. Low man on the totem pole. Price negotiable to a great home! Lots of pictures available by e-mail.
Seller Information

Name: C D
Advertisement - Pets & Animals

Strightup Twelve on the track
YouTube - Punkie7337's Channel
before

last week with the person that picked him up off the track....

?Quick turnover?

?Fast Buck?

no conscience

fredsaid2

Interesting! Call them and ask about the horse's background,what they've done w/ him, ect. What were the particulars on the Leighton Farm ad? At $750 I'd think there's an issue with the horse.

covekat

Personally and professionaly I find this type of thing to be in very bad form. If I graciously give a horse away to a good home I would expect to be notified if the person I gave the horse could no longer provide that home. It wouldnt matter the reason...money issues, training issues, etc. I would like to be able to start my search again for that "good home".

Most people I know dont give horses away to have them flipped in a week, heck, if that were the case, I'm sure these owners would have put a price tag on him.

Way to many OTTB's fall through the cracks, and this is usually how it starts.