How COVID-19 attacks the body

SamSpade

I am pretty sure it was linked on this forum - SOMD as opposed to the many OTHER forums I go to - but I recall someone linking an article describing how COVID-19 specifically is not primarily a respiratory disease, but is more a disease that attacks the body's ability to take oxygen in the bloodstream -

And as a consequence, respirators aren't much help in late stages - and the hydroxy cocktail used works precisely because it blocks the viruses' mechanism for attacking the body. People find themselves having difficulty breathing, but it's not because the virus has attacked a lung - which respiratory illnesses DO. It appears to attack BOTH lungs equally because it's attacking the body's ability to take in oxygen.

Can anyone find that thread for me? I'd like to read it again.

PeoplesElbow

This is what I do t understand as far as testing goes, wouldn't a simple blood gas check help identify those that possibly have it? The test is nonintrusive and takes seconds with a finger clamp.

gemma_rae

This is what I do t understand as far as testing goes, wouldn't a simple blood gas check help identify those that possibly have it? The test is nonintrusive and takes seconds with a finger clamp.
If it measures blood oxygen level then yes it would help. I believe some respiratory conditions do the same thing though but not in the same way, like emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, so additional tests would be required.

seekeroftruth

I hear Canada is testing CBD for Covid-19 prevention. Apparently the CBD protects cells from the Corona attachment. I figured that was the case all along.... and let's face it.... the expectorant of the pot cough has got to give anything trying to light in the lungs a fit. I'm firing up a bowl for Canada.... and their research... go pot go.... lol