How did everyone do at the 4-H Horse Show today??

Katt

BZHorseMomE said:
That reminds me how come Calvert County doesn't have a 4-H Horse Show?? :whistle:
My daughter did well with her new horse (ot thorougbred) and got Reserve Champion in the Senior English division. She was very happy since it's his first year showing. :howdy:

Attachments

• st. mary's county fair 2007 004.jpg
    st. mary's county fair 2007 004.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 100

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Katt said:
My daughter did well with her new horse (ot thorougbred) and got Reserve Champion in the Senior English division. She was very happy since it's his first year showing. :howdy:
cute horse! Congrats. :howdy:

Katt

Sadielady said:
cute horse! Congrats. :howdy:
Thanks! Yeah, he's a striking horse to see in person. That pic doesn't do him justice. She's been showing for 4 years now, but this is her new horse, so she's tickled with how he did.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Katt said:

That is great. Congrats on a great day!!! The weather was just great for a show.

Who was the JUDGE for today's show???

Sparks

Katt said:

Yes, cute. He looks pretty flashy.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
Katt said:
she did really well with the horse! i was so sad i couldnt do showmanship, we got there just when the show was starting, and by the time we were signed up i only had 5 min ( thats all the time they gave them to get saddled) to get the horses off, brush Bones ( swift action), tack and get dressed.Im sorry to every one that had to wait another 5 min for me !!!! Bones was being a bad boy in english, but he wasnt horrible.
Flare was hyper in the western classes, but it seemed to me she was 4beating when we were loping, or more accuratly running in place :lmao: . Flare actually troted in the jog/trot barrels and poles!!! And as allways had a awsome time in speed, but that darn slippery grass i couldnt run full out, but MAN O MAN did flare do some pole bending, even just cantering up and back she flew in between them and we got a 26!! thats almost what i done at the big show cicuts and i ran FULL OUT.
All in all it was a good show, lots of fun, and a decent judge. Though there was only about 6 people in each senior class, and only 1 in intermediate. I wich calvert would have a show... they have a new extension educater(sp?) so we never know for next year...

BZHorseMomE

natbugs said:
there is not a secure ring at the "new" fair grounds.

I think I remember you telling me that before. Could they use Kings Landing for a show?? Also is the ring at Kings Landing beyond the Swimming Pool. If so when is the ring open to the public or do you have to make a special request??

BZHorseMomE

flarenuphope said:
she did really well with the horse! i was so sad i couldnt do showmanship, we got there just when the show was starting, and by the time we were signed up i only had 5 min ( thats all the time they gave them to get saddled) to get the horses off, brush Bones ( swift action), tack and get dressed.Im sorry to every one that had to wait another 5 min for me !!!! Bones was being a bad boy in english, but he wasnt horrible.
Flare was hyper in the western classes, but it seemed to me she was 4beating when we were loping, or more accuratly running in place :lmao: . Flare actually troted in the jog/trot barrels and poles!!! And as allways had a awsome time in speed, but that darn slippery grass i couldnt run full out, but MAN O MAN did flare do some pole bending, even just cantering up and back she flew in between them and we got a 26!! thats almost what i done at the big show cicuts and i ran FULL OUT.
All in all it was a good show, lots of fun, and a decent judge. Though there was only about 6 people in each senior class, and only 1 in intermediate. I wich calvert would have a show... they have a new extension educater(sp?) so we never know for next year...

Flare sounds like you had a good time. It is to bad that Calvert County 4-H doesn't have an alternitive site for a horse show since they don't have a Show Ring at the Fair Grounds. If they had a show I wonder if it would be open to the Calvert County 4-H program or to all the local 4-Her's in the area??

Flare, are you going to be on the State Horse Judging Team??

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
BZHorseMomE said:
Flare, are you going to be on the State Horse Judging Team??
no i decided not to go because its only my first year in judging, and also im going to tn in october, and thats missing a whole week of school, i think my teachers would kill me if i missed another week or two in november. Theres always next year... thanks for asking!!!

Eventer29

Calvert has always been negative on horses. They think they are dangerous animals. (nevermind the cattle running down the midway)We had trouble getting our horses in for petting and demonstrations. Our 4-H club used to have a show for the fair but it was the week before or after because the grounds are just too crowded for one and the fair board didnt want horses at the actual fair. We set up a ring out in the parking area. That only lasted a couple years though. Kings landing would be great for the fair show. Still sucks that they dont have it durring the fair though.