How Do I Hate Thee?

SailorGirl

My new car. My shiny blue 2019 Elantra with only 25,000 miles on it. Let me count the ways. I hate thee freely, I hate thee purely, I hate thee with a passion I did not know I possessed. I hate your gizmos, your bells, your whistles, your shiny blue lights. I hate your pop up messages, I hate your little pictures, I hate your two inch thick owners manual.

I hate your chapter on keys. I hate that I read all 15 pages and still have no idea why the key seems to stick a little when I remove it from the ignition. I hate that you lock yourself. Did it ever occur to you that I don't lock the door on purpose? No, because as much I care about you, is much as you don't care about me.

I hate the way you consistently scare the bejesus out of me. I hate that I tried to figure out on my own why that red triangle shaped red light that shone so brightly near my heat on the way home in the dark for the first time, was a beacon of fear nestled among all the blue lights. And that when I googled red triangle shaped light on the internet, instead of calling my normal chain of support, that all I could come up with was it was the engine light of death. I didn't sleep well that night because of you.

And this morning at 5:30 you did it again. You sent me a message on my screen. I was too startled to read the whole thing. Front End Collision Warning something disabled? What does that mean? Why is it disabled? This was followed up with another orangy triangle and a little teeny tiny picture that stayed for a minute or two then disappeared.

You're killing me. I hope you're happy.

Last edited:

ontheriver

Don't feel bad. I had the same thing happen to me with the hazard light when I first got my truck. Boy did I feel dumb.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh and the red triangle shaped light by the way was the hazard light. I woke up from another car nightmare at 2 am and muttered hazard light, it's a hazard light over and over again.
My 2003 Toyota had the red hazard triangle.

SailorGirl

Don't feel bad. I had the same thing happen to me with the hazard light when I first got my truck. Boy did I feel dumb.
:lmao: I've never had one that lit up before. I was at the drive through at chick fil a and had the heat on full blast because my hair was wet. After a few minutes, I said what's that noise, looked around and said omg it's me. Looked down and saw this BIG red glowing button near the heat and thought my car's overheating. Turned the heat off and the button was still glowing seemed to get bigger and redder the more I stared at it. Tried to push it hoping it would turn off - nada. Honest to God OTR, I shook all the way home, counted the miles until I made it. and damn near kissed the ground when I got out.

ontheriver

:lmao: I've never had one that lit up before. I was at the drive through at chick fil a and had the heat on full blast because my hair was wet. After a few minutes, I said what's that noise, looked around and said omg it's me. Looked down and saw this BIG red glowing button near the heat and thought my car's overheating. Turned the heat off and the button was still glowing seemed to get bigger and redder the more I stared at it. Tried to push it hoping it would turn off - nada. Honest to God OTR, I shook all the way home and counted the miles until I made it and damn near kissed the ground when I got out.

I think I brushed against mine while fiddling with something else. Had to pull over to figure it out. The best was when I was driving and the whole truck started shaking and thought it was going to blow up. One of the back windows was down. Scared the doo doo out of me. :doh:

SailorGirl

I think I brushed against mine while fiddling with something else. Had to pull over to figure it out. The best was when I was driving and the whole truck started shaking and thought it was going to blow up. One of the back windows was down. Scared the doo doo out of me. :doh:
Why was the truck shaking because the back window was down or something? I was at the commissary and went to open the trunk and couldn't find the keyhole. The young thing that was putting my groceries in the trunk patiently took the key fob out of my hand and opened it for me.

ontheriver

Something about aerodynamics? I found if I open the sunroof a bit or crack a front window it doesn't happen. Maybe someone smarter can explain it.

SailorGirl

Something about aerodynamics? I found if I open the sunroof a bit or crack a front window it doesn't happen. Maybe someone smarter can explain it.
I had that issue in my old car with the air and safety belts. That used to scare me too. I'm so nervous driving this new thing.

glhs837

Power with Control
We can help. Foward Collision Warning Disabled means that one or more of your sensors are obscured, most likely with road grunge.