How Do I Hate Thee?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I laughed at your post because of the way you wrote it, but there is nothing more annoying that a rogue vehicle. Your car is supposed to be your companion. Your road buddy.

This is why I never EVER want to have to replace my Rav4 - it's been my perfect travel companion for 16 years and we are inseparable. When it finally goes it will be like the death of a family member.

SailorGirl

We can help. Foward Collision Warning Disabled means that one or more of your sensors are obscured, most likely with road grunge.
You're more than likely right. My car support team said it may have been the frost this morning. I drove it for a few minutes and an hour later everything was still covered with frost. Light didn't come back on though, thank the gods.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're more than likely right. My car support team said it may have been the frost this morning. I drove it for a few minutes and an hour later everything was still covered with frost. Light didn't come back on though, thank the gods.
It's just playing the odds...it knows you are bound to run in to something sooner or later. Most likely when you are distracted by it or other flashy lighty things on the dashboard. ;-p

SailorGirl

Okay, I laughed at your post because of the way you wrote it, but there is nothing more annoying that a rogue vehicle. Your car is supposed to be your companion. Your road buddy.

This is why I never EVER want to have to replace my Rav4 - it's been my perfect travel companion for 16 years and we are inseparable. When it finally goes it will be like the death of a family member.
I'm with you. I had the cheapest version of a hyundai. It started nickle and diming me to death towards the last six months, but prior to that - NEVER left me stranded. More reliable than a boyfriend sometimes.

SailorGirl

It's just playing the odds...it knows you are bound to run in to something sooner or later. Most likely when you are distracted by it or other flashy lighty things on the dashboard. ;-p
No doubt. I was in four o clock traffic on 235 yesterday when I saw a snowflake on the screen and immediately got excited and started looking around because I thought it was snowing.

glhs837

Power with Control
Oh, and about that locking thing.

1. Assuming its locking when start driving. That's usually a selectable feature, although some makers require a dealer visit to change that.

2. Usually defaults to autolock at 15mph. Then unlock when you select Park.

3. When you hit the fob to lock, it locks all, while when you unlock, its set to only unlock the drivers door with the first press, then the rest when you hit it the second time. That second piece is a safety feature so no bad guy jumps in the back and waits while you approach and hop in the front. Unsure thats ever happened in reality, but whatever.

For the wife Jeep, I shut off the autolocks, and changed it to "unlock all" when I hit the fob.

UglyBear

Is the car a “boy” car or a “girl” car?
(do you scream at it as “he” or as “she”?)

SailorGirl

Oh, and about that locking thing.

1. Assuming its locking when start driving. That's usually a selectable feature, although some makers require a dealer visit to change that.

2. Usually defaults to autolock at 15mph. Then unlock when you select Park.

3. When you hit the fob to lock, it locks all, while when you unlock, its set to only unlock the drivers door with the first press, then the rest when you hit it the second time. That second piece is a safety feature so no bad guy jumps in the back and waits while you approach and hop in the front. Unsure thats ever happened in reality, but whatever.

For the wife Jeep, I shut off the autolocks, and changed it to "unlock all" when I hit the fob.
I don't understand the lock thing at all. Like last night, I got out, know for certain I didn't lock the car and it was unlocked this morning but more than once I have deliberately not locked the car and found it locked when I returned. I think it's intuitive - when I'm not 100% positive where the keys are - you can bet it's locked itself. So therefore @UglyBear in response to your question below, definitely female. It will do exactly the opposite of what you think it's going to do just to get a rise out of you and drive you nuts.

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't understand the lock thing at all. Like last night, I got out, know for certain I didn't lock the car and it was unlocked this morning but more than once I have deliberately not locked the car and found it locked when I returned. I think it's intuitive - when I'm not 100% positive where the keys are - you can bet it's locked itself. So therefore @UglyBear in response to your question below, definitely female. It will do exactly the opposite of what you think it's going to do just to get a rise out of you and drive you nuts.
Does it honk or beep when you lock it? Sometimes it's easy to just tap that button handling the fob.

SailorGirl

Does it honk or beep when you lock it? Sometimes it's easy to just tap that button handling the fob.
She blinks at me when I lock her once but if I push her button twice, three times maybe I think she honks. It's kind of an angry honk. I don't think she likes her buttons pushed.