How do you go about cleaning a house out to sell?

SailorGirl

Specifically an older home with a lot of accumulated junk in the basement. Or junk to me. I come over to my parents home M-F to weed stuff out. There's a lot of stuff in the basement that I know is still working including, this huge jigsaw I think type thing and a lot of other tools. I'm more inclined to gather what I can carry and throw it out but I don't know seems wasteful. Are there organizations that will do that for you, especially the heavy stuff?

SailorGirl

Or sell them .:::...hint hint
We're not quite there yet but whatever's down there - if someone can haul them out - it's just being given away to get rid of it. I can keep you posted if you like - someone has already volunteered to look at it for me - I don't even know what I'm looking at honestly - just know one thing is the big jigsaw thing that my father made sawdust on.

The rib roast is not included though mon ami. :razz:

SailorGirl

For the tools, you might consider seeing if Habitat wants it.
I'm about a week away from cleaning out the junk in most of the rooms on the first floor and second. If I'm feeling better next week, I'm going to tackle the basement and bag up the tools and stuff I can carry and take it over there. Thanks.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm about a week away from cleaning out the junk in most of the rooms on the first floor and second. If I'm feeling better next week, I'm going to tackle the basement and bag up the tools and stuff I can carry and take it over there. Thanks.
If you need help - I'm an expert at the "Clean House" type of cleaning and weeding out. I've done it for friends and relatives. I am better than Marie Kondo. So feel free to call if you need some asisistance, I'd love to help.

Seriously, I have references.

SailorGirl

If you need help - I'm an expert at the "Clean House" type of cleaning and weeding out. I've done it for friends and relatives. I am better than Marie Kondo. So feel free to call if you need some asisistance, I'd love to help.

Seriously, I have references.
Thank you! I spent one whole afternoon folding my towels like that chick. They never did stand up like they were supposed to and I spent an hour or so the next day, folding them back they way I had them before.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thank you! I spent one whole afternoon folding my towels like that chick. They never did stand up like they were supposed to and I spent an hour or so the next day, folding them back they way I had them before.
I don't follow her, but I've heard of her and when I found out what she was all about - I thought "I'VE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS!!!!".

Anyway. Organization and getting rid of clutter is my thing. :yay:

SailorGirl

I don't follow her, but I've heard of her and when I found out what she was all about - I thought "I'VE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS!!!!".

Anyway. Organization and getting rid of clutter is my thing. :yay:
Thank you, I'll keep you in mind.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A decent quality jig saw isn't something you'd throw away...they can be quite expensive. I have a German made one in my wood shop and that little sucker cost me over $400 used. There are probably other good tools down there...worth saving (or giving to someone you know) certainly and worth some $ too.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Definitely have someone at least look at the tools/stuff. You'd be surprised at how much money people are willing to pay for the craziest things. My son sold a binder full of Pokemon trading cards for $300 several tears ago.

Kyle

Having a Beer while the world burns!
PREMO Member
Specifically an older home with a lot of accumulated junk in the basement. Or junk to me. I come over to my parents home M-F to weed stuff out. There's a lot of stuff in the basement that I know is still working including, this huge jigsaw I think type thing and a lot of other tools. I'm more inclined to gather what I can carry and throw it out but I don't know seems wasteful. Are there organizations that will do that for you, especially the heavy stuff?
If you run across any old firearms that are lonely and need a good home, let me know.

I've got room for adoption. :biggrin:

SailorGirl

BuddyLee could possibly be interested or at least want to take a look if it's alot of old 'stuff'.
Honest to God Grumpy I don't know how anyone could be interested in it. I just went down to check things out. It's looks like somebody thre a bomb down there. The insulation is falling from the ceiling and I don't know if it's safe to just rip it out and toss it. I hope I never reach a point in my life where I stop caring.