How do you see a nice outfit...

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
...clearly with multi colored hair? I hope I'm wording this right. My daughter has that really dark red top layer and the brown peeping out from underneath. Sorry but it throws the whole picture off to me. Blondes having highlights doesn't, that seems to appear more natural. Those women and girls with reds, purples and so on streaked in their brown, black or red hair create a definite focal point. They could wear a potato sack and it not be noticed. On the other hand if they took the trouble to dress very nicely or designer, they still wouldn't be noticed. When colors clash, they clash. Hair, shoes whatever.

Like having a room full of Early American furniture with a French Provincial coffee table. BAM, eye to the coffee table. Thank you for allowing my rant, she was upset I didn't notice her new jacket. All I saw was blocked hair. :shrug:

:coffee:

PJay

I understand and agree.

I've noticed out there girls have taken a liking to looking ugly. I wish to have been born the Victorian years.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I understand and agree.

I've noticed out there girls have taken a liking to looking ugly. I wish to have been born the Victorian years.

The hair sure has. I just don't care for multi-colored hair, it takes away from any effort made to dress nice. She only has the two colors, both dark thank goodness. BTW she isn't a girl anymore, probably older than you. lol

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some girls can pull that off and others just look trashy. If you have style to begin with you can get away with funky highlights, but what you usually see, around here at least, is big fat ugly girls with hot pink or neon blue hair. They usually complete the look with chipped nail polish. It looks more white trash than a velvet Elvis painting.

Roman

Some girls can pull that off and others just look trashy. If you have style to begin with you can get away with funky highlights, but what you usually see, around here at least, is big fat ugly girls with hot pink or neon blue hair. They usually complete the look with chipped nail polish. It looks more white trash than a velvet Elvis painting.
Now that IS funny!! I couldn't get my laughing thingy to work! :LIKE:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

Well my daughter doesn't fall in anywhere with those examples. Anyway with me its about clashing with wardrobe, not if the color/cut looks good. Sure some look cute with the do, but to me it still doesn't fly with regular neat dressing. Funky capris, striped top, fingerless long gloves, huge hoops that works with the younger set. Neat dressing, office apparel etc. not so much.

MarieB

LOL@vrai

Funny thread and interesting topic

I've seen few who can pull it off with "class"

Face piercings and tattoos are a pet peeve of mine. I see plenty of women around here who just don't seem to bother taking care of themselves. It has been a culture shock for me

lucky_bee

RBF expert
LOL@vrai

Funny thread and interesting topic

I've seen few who can pull it off with "class"

Face piercings and tattoos are a pet peeve of mine. I see plenty of women around here who just don't seem to bother taking care of themselves. It has been a culture shock for me

Just clarifying here, but to you: do facial piercings go hand-in-hand with girls/women not taking care of themselves? Or are those two seperate opinions?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Like having a room full of Early American furniture with a French Provincial coffee table. BAM, eye to the coffee table. Thank you for allowing my rant, she was upset I didn't notice her new jacket. All I saw was blocked hair. :shrug:

Funky capris, striped top, fingerless long gloves, huge hoops that works with the younger set. Neat dressing, office apparel etc. not so much.

thats like putting 400 CI Chevy motor in a Ferrari

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have mutlitcolored hair, facial peircings, AND tattoos. Im a horrible hideous monster :( Unfit for proper work. I should just run away and join a sideshow.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I have mutlitcolored hair, facial peircings, AND tattoos. Im a horrible hideous monster :( Unfit for proper work. I should just run away and join a sideshow.

:faint: I've been sharing a house with an uncivilized freak all this time?! Why didn't you tell me :mad:

I'm only friends with productive members of society :coffee:

Pete

Repete
The Pizza Hut in Leonardtown was the freak corral. One time I went in and a guy had his lips sutured together with rings. He spoke, or attmepted to through a small gap.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just clarifying here, but to you: do facial piercings go hand-in-hand with girls/women not taking care of themselves? Or are those two seperate opinions?

I don't think most people take issue with a small nose or lip piercing but when a woman has a barbell stuck through her cheek, now we're talking about self-mutilation. Can we agree that most of these people are hideous?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ugl...qZ0QH394G4CA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=607

I think a little nose ring or stud is cute on women but that barbell through the nostrils thing is uglier than blue poop. I haven't seen a woman yet who could pull that off without looking trashy. But! Trashy is in the eye of the beholder so... :shrug:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I don't think most people take issue with a small nose or lip piercing but when a woman has a barbell stuck through her cheek, now we're talking about self-mutilation. Can we agree that most of these people are hideous?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ugl...qZ0QH394G4CA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=607

I think a little nose ring or stud is cute on women but that barbell through the nostrils thing is uglier than blue poop. I haven't seen a woman yet who could pull that off without looking trashy. But! Trashy is in the eye of the beholder so... :shrug:

LT and I both have facial piercings. (and tattoos) MY little nose stud rarely offends people, but it has a few times :shrug: LT's type suits her too. I guess bc I'm extremely accepting of them...it takes a lot of metal and self-mutilation to make me raise an eyebrow. I tend to take in the whole look: TYPE of clothing, TYPE of piercings, TYPE of tattoos ...the whole package, before considering someone trashy. To me, trashy is more of an attitude. Colorful hair is super fun and I'd love to have a 1/4 sleeve but I also understand I wouldn't have the job I have right now if I had all those things. There's a time and place for them and we just can't. So we hide them with bright blonde highlights or blocking and tattoos you can't always see.

Mostly, we just piss off our mothers with our form of self-expression and that's most important :dance:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here's an interesting look...

Attachments

• giraffe.jpg
    giraffe.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 126

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

You said my velvet Elvis suited me. Now I know. :drama:

Pete

Repete
LT and I both have facial piercings. (and tattoos) MY little nose stud rarely offends people, but it has a few times :shrug: LT's type suits her too. I guess bc I'm extremely accepting of them...it takes a lot of metal and self-mutilation to make me raise an eyebrow. I tend to take in the whole look: TYPE of clothing, TYPE of piercings, TYPE of tattoos ...the whole package, before considering someone trashy. To me, trashy is more of an attitude. Colorful hair is super fun and I'd love to have a 1/4 sleeve but I also understand I wouldn't have the job I have right now if I had all those things. There's a time and place for them and we just can't. So we hide them with bright blonde highlights or blocking and tattoos you can't always see.

Mostly, we just piss off our mothers with our form of self-expression and that's most important :dance:

Tongue gauge? Gauges are strange but those are shiver inducing.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

..and it all started with a simple comment. Tricolored hair can clash and throw off an outfit. *sigh*

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Actually I agree with you. My hair DOES make it hard for me to wear outfits sometimes. I have two natural colors, but it does make a bit of a statement so I recognize the "clash." Problem solved I only wear black lol