"How do you sleep at night??"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I imagine he sleeps like a baby. Jack Dorsey may have had morals and compassion at some point, but he lost them long ago.

Twitter uses the excuse that they can't see every post, but when I called Chelsea Handler a skank I was banned within seconds. I did the tweet, then clicked on another post and BOOM - "You have violated our community standards." If they are on top of things with regard to insulting celebrities, why can't they go after the pedos and traffickers on their platform?

The answer is: because they don't want to.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I called some celeb or the other on twitter an "ignorant slut" and got suspended for a bit.

SamSpade

It's not that they don't want to - it's just never crossed their minds to code for it.

Years ago, my mom told me of accounts of her father, who was a POW in Japan. Now I've read about Corregidor, and the Bataan Death March - the hellships. The brutality of the POW camps. He endured it all and was a hero. But he would comment that the men they had working in the camps were the stupidest people Japan had. Which makes sense - why waste good soldiers in a prison camp.

But they occasionally would have to search for contraband - anything resembling a knife for instance. And one form of entertainment the prisoners would give themselves - would be to put IN PLAIN SIGHT contraband that they learned was NOT being looked for, that day. So if became known that the guards were looking for pointed sticks, the POWs would put a sharpened shiv or knife in plain sight. Because the stupid assed soldiers would ONLY get what they were ORDERED to look for.

That's what these guys are like - oh they're trying to police their sites - and the algorithms they are developing are very intelligent. But they're narrow - they are looking for knives when they should be looking for guns. Actually they should be looking for "contraband" but they're just following orders.

It's not that they don't care - it's just never crossed their minds. They can't go beyond their bubbles.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
More from Meathead...

85% of Americans approved of what President Biden had to say in his address to the Nation. It’s time for Republicans in Congress, who stand for nothing, to get out of the way and let the majority rule.

stgislander

PREMO Member
More from Meathead...

85% of Americans approved of what President Biden had to say in his address to the Nation. It’s time for Republicans in Congress, who stand for nothing, to get out of the way and let the majority rule.
Likely the thinest majority in history.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
More from Meathead...

He's a blatant black tongued liar and a has-been. That's how you know your career is over: you spend your days ranting like a lunatic on Twitter.

Bluecrqbe

He's a blatant black tongued liar and a has-been. That's how you know your career is over: you spend your days ranting like a lunatic on Twitter.
Who are you talking about? If it’s jack dorsey, he’s the CEO of Square, Twitter is a joke, just look at the differences in market cap.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who are you talking about? If it’s jack dorsey, he’s the CEO of Square, Twitter is a joke, just look at the differences in market cap.

It would be helpful if you'd read what I quoted and was responding to.