How Does Getting the Current Covid Shot Compare to Getting a Yearly Flu Shot?

How frequently do you get non-mandatory shots?

• I don't get a flu shot, and won't get this one.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I get a flu shot, but won't get this Covid shot.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I regularly get a flu shot, and may consider the Covid shot after it is proven.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I don't regularly get a flu shot, but will get/have already gotten the Covid shot.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Give me any shot out there!

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I regularly get the flu shot, and will get\have gotten the Covid shot.

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We were talking about this today. Seems that most people who don't get the typical yearly flu shot are not interested in getting a Covid shot. How do you feel, and what have you heard from other folks?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You didn’t put in:
i regularly get the flu shot and am going or have gotten the COVID shot.

limblips

PREMO Member
I take the flu shot due to diabetes, it can be life threatening to get the flu for me. I took the Covid because DW has family with compromised immune systems, (transplants). I did not want it but since I figure in 6-8 years I will suffer from terminal cell functionality it would be better to ensure I enjoy the time I have left rather than have DW pi$$ed off at me for that long.

my-thyme

Patron
I'm really interested to see people who dont get a flu shot but got this shot.

musiclady

I'm really interested to see people who dont get a flu shot but got this shot.
I'm leaning towards getting the Covid one, not because I think I need it, but because I have immunocompromised extended family that are absolutely freaking out over this. If it was only me, I'd doubt I would bother, but I take care of my 101 year old grandmother and my mother is scared I will give it to her. My mother is also the woman who has said she hasn't hugged my grandma in over a year because they are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. Yet she also helps with grandma every week, which includes helping to lift and balance her several times a day. Plus both of them have had their shots. But Fauci hasn't said she can hug people yet, so she won't. I don't get the flu shot.

my-thyme

Patron
I'm leaning towards getting the Covid one, not because I think I need it, but because I have immunocompromised extended family that are absolutely freaking out over this. If it was only me, I'd doubt I would bother, but I take care of my 101 year old grandmother and my mother is scared I will give it to her. My mother is also the woman who has said she hasn't hugged my grandma in over a year because they are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. Yet she also helps with grandma every week, which includes helping to lift and balance her several times a day. Plus both of them have had their shots. But Fauci hasn't said she can hug people yet, so she won't. I don't get the flu shot.
I have cousins who worry I'm gonna pass something to my 96 yr old aunt. She has no children, still lives on her own, and we all watch out for her.

They kept their distance for MONTHS. Hubby and I never stopped going over. She said she'd rather die of anything, but not loneliness.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I still believe that maintaining a BAC above a certain level at all times reduces the possibility of infection a hundred fold. Science.

I spent much of my 40s with a high BAC and it seems to have turned my immune system into a superhero that protects me even now that I don't replenish it often. So I'm certain there's something to your theory.

Therefore I've never had a flu shot and don't intend to start now.