How does this apply to you and your religion? Just curious.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
Good reply, but I don't think you get my point. My beliefs about sin and judgment apply only to myself. I have no right to apply my beliefs to other people, even if I wanted to tell them to live their lives differently. No one's beliefs about right and wrong apply to the entire human race.
That is where the world and Christians differ. A real Christian does not judge others but presents the word of God. The hearer has to make his own decision. Of course, we believe the hearer's entire eternity is based on his ultimate decision. Not the decision at the time of hearing but at the time of conviction by the Holy Spirit. I don't have to "win". God does the growing of the seed and the harvesting or winning. One of the thieves on the cross next to Jesus was saved just before death; no waiting; instant forgiveness.
Luke 23:38-43
38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
A real Christian does not judge others but presents the word of God.
I understand that, but it often comes across as though it's the Christian who's doing the judging. My born-again uncle once told my mother that she wasn't raising us right, because our record collections included heavy metal. Anyone who pulls that on me that gets thrown out of my house.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
I understand that, but it often comes across as though it's the Christian who's doing the judging. My born-again uncle once told my mother that she wasn't raising us right, because our record collections included heavy metal. Anyone who pulls that on me that gets thrown out of my house.
:shrug: Christians are sinners too. We often get it wrong.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
:shrug: Christians are sinners too. We often get it wrong.

All the time. If you ask me religion has gotten this world pretty f'ed up. We should all become secular. It's a better way of life. Plus there is a lot less extremism involved with secularism. :dance: