How fast do you read??

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Have you taken any speed reading classes?

Nope, just a LOT of years of schooling, which I'm STILL doing, being an avid reader of just about anything I can get my hands on, an almost photographic memory at times and close to 100% comprehension if I concentrate hard enough. Yep, I'm a freak. :lol:

I took a speed reading course many years ago, was up to 1000 wpm. Today, I have to re-read each line and sentence a couple of times to get it right... :ohwell:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
308 and 3/3, 42% faster. I have a feeling I'm still going to be sub-par for here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You read 488 words per minute.
That makes you 95% faster than the national average.
3/3

That was reading for speed, though. When I really read I sometimes go back over passages several times. If the language is particularly lovely or amusing, it can take me much longer to get through one page.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Okay, 54% higher than the national average, but I missed one question. Consistent with my pee-poor attention to detail and short-term memory loss.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
186/23 secs 489/min, 3/3, 96%

"If you keep this pace up, you could read 1984 in 3 hours and 22 seconds"

Well, I am up to, oh, about 12 years on that one and still not finished. I can read fairly fast if it is something I enjoy and am interested in and stuff like 1984 is fingers on a chalkboard to me. But, seems I am well behind professors, executives and high level college students but, then again, I just woke up and haven't had a drop of coffee yet...

Neat test but, what do it mean!??? :lol:

somdfunguy

not impressed
You read 1,021 words per minute.
That makes you 308% faster than the national average

3 out of 3 correct