How fast is SpaceX moving with Starship?

glhs837

Power with Control
I know its seemed slow lately, as if often the case when you are working on the infrastructure. Which they have been with a lot of stuff needing to be done to harden the Orbital Launch Mount after the explosion a month or so ago. But just yesterday, they test fired Booster Seven, and not wasting any time, Booster 8 is already at the site ready to get placed onto the OLM as soon as they finish safing B7.

Two Boosters.jpg

stgislander

PREMO Member
I know its seemed slow lately, as if often the case when you are working on the infrastructure. Which they have been with a lot of stuff needing to be done to harden the Orbital Launch Mount after the explosion a month or so ago. But just yesterday, they test fired Booster Seven, and not wasting any time, Booster 8 is already at the site ready to get placed onto the OLM as soon as they finish safing B7.

View attachment 166259
Unrelated, but I'm kinda surprised Starhopper is still sitting out at the launch site. I guess they still use it for testing things. Seems it would be at the SpaceX Visitors Center.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unrelated, but I'm kinda surprised Starhopper is still sitting out at the launch site. I guess they still use it for testing things. Seems it would be at the SpaceX Visitors Center.

Well, its ued in the sense that it has some lighting and cameras on it. Might be weather station. not sure. I think it stays a constat reminder that doing matters. Dont spend 10 years and billions developing the perfect spaceship. Spend a year or two planning a testbed, get the data, prove your basic concept, then keep doing that. More test beds, more data. Its been a bit over three years since Starhopper first flew. Massive changes since then.