How freaking annoying

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Friday I went outside to start the tuck to go to work. It was gone. I knew I didn't sleep walk and park it somewhere else.

It was stolen at 615 in the AM. My neighbor saw someone sitting in it warming it up and thought it was a boyfriend. I called the PD got the report and called insurance company. I wasn't counting on getting it back in one piece. There has been a rash of F250 and F350's being stolen so they can pull heavy equipment from constuction sites.

Got a rental car and drank my sorrows away. Well around 10 pm I got a call from the PD telling me my truck was recovered and it was in one piece. The ignition was popped and some gashes. I asked them is there a saddle in there. He said nope. They got one thing of value from me. The reason they were able to find it so fast is that I had needed to get gas and was going to do it on my way to work that morning. They didn't get to do everything that was wanted because of running out of gas on the side of the road. The next day I drove to where they found it looking to see if they just chucked the saddle. Nothing. The truck is going to need some body work also but that can be done. I just want it running by the weekend.

This turck is the first one they haven't destroyed only because I was a dope and didn't have gas in it. I am going to get a hidden fuel switch and have that installed. At night I will just turn the switch so they won't get far.

Friday I went outside to start the tuck to go to work. It was gone. I knew I didn't sleep walk and park it somewhere else.

It was stolen at 615 in the AM. My neighbor saw someone sitting in it warming it up and thought it was a boyfriend. I called the PD got the report and called insurance company. I wasn't counting on getting it back in one piece. There has been a rash of F250 and F350's being stolen so they can pull heavy equipment from constuction sites.

Got a rental car and drank my sorrows away. Well around 10 pm I got a call from the PD telling me my truck was recovered and it was in one piece. The ignition was popped and some gashes. I asked them is there a saddle in there. He said nope. They got one thing of value from me. The reason they were able to find it so fast is that I had needed to get gas and was going to do it on my way to work that morning. They didn't get to do everything that was wanted because of running out of gas on the side of the road. The next day I drove to where they found it looking to see if they just chucked the saddle. Nothing. The truck is going to need some body work also but that can be done. I just want it running by the weekend.

This turck is the first one they haven't destroyed only because I was a dope and didn't have gas in it. I am going to get a hidden fuel switch and have that installed. At night I will just turn the switch so they won't get far.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :huggy: This is why I hate everyone. :coffee:

KDENISE977

I had my car stolen once. Recovered. Impounded and back windshield was smashed out. I personally didn't want it back. I felt violated not knowing who had been in it. Who had ransacked through all my stuff? I got rid of it ASAP. It was a shame really, it was my favorite car up till then (Acura TL)

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
this is why I hate most people.....

and this is another reason im such a beyotch to most. :coffee:

:huggy: hope things get better for you. you still in SC or did you make it back to MD?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That sucks. Glad you got it back pretty quickly. Many years ago, my boyfriend and I went to an amusement park and his car ('73 Camaro) was stolen. Park security were convinced that we forgot where we parked and drove us around all the parking areas before calling the police. It sucked having to carry around the giant unicorn he won for me since we couldn't put it in the car. :lol:

The car was recovered in East San Jose a week later.

Roman

My FIL had just passed away in 1984, and we had our car loaded up with belongings that meant the world to my husband. The car was stolen from his job site, and they never recovered it. The mementos meant more to us than the car. That sucks the big one. I hope you find your saddle.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't think anyone stole cars anymore, since crooks are lazy and cars are difficult to turn into cash.

Sorry that happened to you. It sucks to have your stuff just stolen like that; not even the stuff itself but the feeling of violation. :huggy:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
The stuff is replaceable. The saddle I will put in a claim with my renter's insurance. They used a slim jim to pop the locks and removed ignition. They did make a mistake by leaving the glove and the 3 way trailer hitch in the seat. The police are hopeful they might find finger prints on that.

I just have to call USAA. My deductible is 500.00 so I know I will need to cough up some of it to get it fixed.

I am still in SC

glhs837

Power with Control

Why not a kill switch (either ignition of fuel pump, assuming it's an a electrical pump) so they don't go anywhere at all? But keep in mind, most thieves will know to look for one, so make sure it's a devious install. Like making it an obvious switch or switches with misleading labeling. Two or three switches with labels that need to be in a certain sequence would defeat almost any thief. "Winch" "Plow" "Fogs" would work.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
My truck is 11 years old not new by any standards. I will be getting a kill switch installed. I have a trusted mechanic that I use that will help.

glhs837

Power with Control
I figured it was older by the popped ignition. GMs were notorious for this. The antitheft for those was a simple resistor in the key. "Sophisticated" thieves would keep a ring with all eight or so possible resistor values on it and force the lock cylinder to rotate. Crude ones just ripped out the whole mechanism and jumped the wires. Old school was a simple toggle switch under the dash. Which I think is a bit too old school.

When I lived in AZ I was woken up early AM by a call from the Border Patrol. They asked if I owned a red F 250. I said yeah parked right outside, they said better go have a look. Yep it was gone. They found it in a wash out in the desert where someone was in the process of stripping it. They must have heard the Patrol coming and took off. I had just gotten back from a fishing trip to Mexico and all the gear was stolen. They had taken out a sign when they turned off onto the side road and dented the hood. Other than that and the ignition it was ok. Got new poles, tackle, sleeping bags tent and other stuff.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
When I was in high school my Dad heard noises outside. He went out there and there were 2 guys getting into his car. They said it was to be repo. They took off in the car. He knew that was a lie but he called the guy he bought it from (he owned a dealership) anyways. Nope not repo'd, stolen. Police chased them through a field and eventually caught them. Glad you got your truck back.

glhs837

Power with Control
2-5 yr old cars are worth $$$ in the sum of their parts

doors, front clip .... Engine, Trans

all quickly striped

Thats the way it's done all right. Far less drive off theft. About as fast and less risky to use a snatch tuck or flatbed. Statistically, amateurs are pretty much out of the game, only pros left. And recovery far less common because they are stripped so fast.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
These guys were complete amatuers and getting sloppy according to the police: 1. Doing it at 6:15 am and taking the time to warm up my truck. 2. Leaving the trailer hitch and glove in the passenger seat. I still haven't gotten it back but last week there was a bunch of breakins and car theft. They probably haven't gotten to me yet. That is ok I am enjoying driving a rental car that I don't have to park out in the middle of nowhere. Negative is that I had to pay a shipper to take my horse to FL.