How good are the Pats?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is how good they are;

They are wiping up the field with the Bears, already up 21-0 and, on a field goal attempt, in a snow storm, the special teams unit goes to the spot where the kicker needs to be kicking from and they, as a team, kick as much snow away as they can in the short time that they have.

And the kicker and holder have a little bit better situation, easy kick.

No delay of game. No confusion. No cluster####.

Team. Details. Team. Details. Team.

In a league where a few plays a game is the difference, week after week after week, they make the plays.

Team.

BuddyLee

Football addict
It's fun watching them play.

Do you think that this combination of Patriots teams is better than that of the 70's Steelers?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

They are wiping up the field with the Bears, already up 21-0 and, on a field goal attempt, in a snow storm, the special teams unit goes to the spot where the kicker needs to be kicking from and they, as a team, kick as much snow away as they can in the short time that they have.

In a league where a few plays a game is the difference, week after week after week, they make the plays.

Team.
Larry,
Can I buy you a beer sometime?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's fun watching them play.

Do you think that this combination of Patriots teams is better than that of the 70's Steelers?

Nope.

If you look back over the Pats the last what, 8 years, they barely beat the Rams after the Snowbowl controversy, a game they should have lost but for the most inane rule in the history of sport. They barely beat the Panthers. They barely beat the Eagles. They lost to the Giants.

They are an incredible team and can claim to be the best team of the last 8 years but, the Steelers of the same time are right behind them and the Colts are a not too distant third.

We look at the Steelers of the 70's and they dominated with the Cowboys being a distant second to them about as close as the Colts are to the Pats today.

Now, of course, it is different eras and, until free agency, teams built dominance and kept it for awhile. The Steelers, the Cowboys, then the 49'ers, then Cowboys again. So, once you had a QB, a RB, WR and some stawlarts on your lines, you had a great team over time with little changes.

Now, the Pats are way different than they were 8 years ago other than Brady but, they look and play the same. The era of free agency is the era of the coach. You get great coaching and a few pieces, have your run and you are done. The Colts are virtually identical; one common piece, Manning.

Then, there is the Pats. They do all the little things right and barely win Superbowls.

The Steelers just dominated.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Man, Da Bears are getting slaughtered. I hope the Pats at least give them a reach around after the game. :lol:

Hubby is cussing. I'm cussing. I'm sure my dad is cussing, too. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Man, Da Bears are getting slaughtered. I hope the Pats at least give them a reach around after the game. :lol:

Hubby is cussing. I'm cussing. I'm sure my dad is cussing, too. :lol:

When they're done the Pats are gonna throw a $5 on the dresser and take the chewing gum on the way out the door.

:lol:

glhs837

Power with Control

Team.

In a physical team effort, beforehand thought and coordinated action based on that thought on little details like this do make the difference. Game the tiny details beforehand and it just makes everything easier. Works in almost every physical endeavor. I have been accused over the years of thinking too deeply into things, but this sort of thing works.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized

They are wiping up the field with the Bears, already up 21-0 and, on a field goal attempt, in a snow storm...
Reposted from the Pats' FB: In the Patriots' last 6 snow games, the Patriots have outscored their opponents by a combined score of 213-27. :faint:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In a physical team effort, beforehand thought and coordinated action based on that thought on little details like this do make the difference. Game the tiny details beforehand and it just makes everything easier. Works in almost every physical endeavor. I have been accused over the years of thinking too deeply into things, but this sort of thing works.

See, that's the thing. My dad drives me crazy with little details. I won't bore you with specifics but, it's always little crap that, when it matters, it matters but, an awful lot of it, I see as wasted tedium when it doesn't come into play.

But, boy, when it matters, it pays off.