How good are the Seahawks?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Packers were a pre season favorite, among them anyway, in the NFC but, the Seahawks owned them from beginning to end. The final score wasn't close...and it wasn't that close.

Everything they 'lost' in the off-season, a DB, a D lineman, a WR, they seemed to have filled and then some.

They have a beast, arguably the best in the league, at RB and a really good O line.

They have a super star at WR.

Solid at TE

Their special teams is more than good enough.

And Russel Wilson is everything you want in a QB; makes good, quick decisions, has a clue how to slide, can run, durable, is focused and has something to prove; that he can be a top NFL qb.

Add to that a coach who is clearly in charge, has nothing better to do and is revered.

In addition to a super star corner, they have other guys that would start for most teams.

They have a star LB and other guys who are plenty good.

They have found a way to keep the depth on D line. The Packers wanted to wear them down and got wore out in the process.

Oh, and they obliterated one of the best offenses in league history in the Super bowl.

On D, They have that feel of the 2000 Raven's and '85 Bears; they can't wait until you get the ball.

They're not precise like the Pats where they win games by making less mistakes than you and making a few more plays than you. They beat you up, run you over and could care less about mistakes. You're the one that is stuck lining up for the next play. They can't wait.

Yeah, it's early but, I'm predicting 19-0 and another trophy. I think they're just that much better, in every way, and more than good enough in the areas they're not the best. They have the attitude. The team thing. All of it.

How good are they?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Good enough to be the defending champs until some team takes it from them. Good enough that I took their D for my fantasy team. Good enough is all it takes.

I can't stand Pete Carroll, but he is one heck of a football coach. They be Gude, good.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'd wish someone would run the table so we can stop seeing video of those ancient dolphins popping champagne every time the last undefeated team loses.

Beta

Smile!
The Packers were a pre season favorite, among them anyway, in the NFC but, the Seahawks owned them from beginning to end. The final score wasn't close...and it wasn't that close.

Everything they 'lost' in the off-season, a DB, a D lineman, a WR, they seemed to have filled and then some.

They have a beast, arguably the best in the league, at RB and a really good O line.

They have a super star at WR.

Solid at TE

Their special teams is more than good enough.

And Russel Wilson is everything you want in a QB; makes good, quick decisions, has a clue how to slide, can run, durable, is focused and has something to prove; that he can be a top NFL qb.

Add to that a coach who is clearly in charge, has nothing better to do and is revered.

In addition to a super star corner, they have other guys that would start for most teams.

They have a star LB and other guys who are plenty good.

They have found a way to keep the depth on D line. The Packers wanted to wear them down and got wore out in the process.

Oh, and they obliterated one of the best offenses in league history in the Super bowl.

On D, They have that feel of the 2000 Raven's and '85 Bears; they can't wait until you get the ball.

They're not precise like the Pats where they win games by making less mistakes than you and making a few more plays than you. They beat you up, run you over and could care less about mistakes. You're the one that is stuck lining up for the next play. They can't wait.

Yeah, it's early but, I'm predicting 19-0 and another trophy. I think they're just that much better, in every way, and more than good enough in the areas they're not the best. They have the attitude. The team thing. All of it.

How good are they?
Don't forget they're the defending champs, in front of their home crowd (VERY difficult place to play) and hyped to start the season and defend their title. They might have destroyed the Packers, but they were pumped. They're obviously a great team and the favorites, but a road game against a good team (San Fran) could stop them from 19-0. They don't have too many tough road games this year though (maybe 2), so I guess we'll see. They didn't really lose much...I mean, Golden Tate was solid, but Harvin is better. The DB (Browner) was decent but he only played half the season. They didn't lose much else. Good chance of repeating.

Huh. Why not? No opinion on him. Just curious.
I don't like Carroll from his USC days. He's arrogant and he ran away when he screwed them over. He went on to do well in the NFL and left the program to deal with his screwups. Not very classy.

I'd wish someone would run the table so we can stop seeing video of those ancient dolphins popping champagne every time the last undefeated team loses.
:smack:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't like Carroll from his USC days. He's arrogant and he ran away when he screwed them over. He went on to do well in the NFL and left the program to deal with his screwups. Not very classy.

:smack:

I got that impression, that he took off when the getting was good.