How I would "fix" the damage to the economy

PeoplesElbow

Small businesses, I would excuse their rent and utilities, the landlords and private utility companies would get the federal money to compensate. So free or greatly reduced utilities and rent to help them survive the next few months.

Payroll, the business would not get charged for unemployment benefits if they have to lay people off, but they will need to prove they aren't just taking advantage of the system.

increase unemployment checks for the next few months.

Remaining federal money would go into an infrastructure plan, roads, bridges, utility improvements.

How would you help keep the damage to minimum?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would file a class action lawsuit and sue the living chit out of the state and federal government for revenue and wages lost from March 1 through whenever they deign to take the boot off our throat.

Then I'd put all their heads on a pike as a warning to future tyrants.

Oh, and I raise taxes sky high for anyone caught screaming at others to STAY HOME!!! They can afford to say silly things like that because they aren't feeling the pain of this. They wanted it, let them pay for it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I would file a class action lawsuit and sue the living chit out of the state and federal government for revenue and wages lost from March 1 through whenever they deign to take the boot off our throat.

Oh, and I raise taxes sky high for anyone caught screaming at others to STAY HOME!!! They can afford to say silly things like that because they aren't feeling the pain of this. They wanted it, let them pay for it.
But how do REALLY feel? :lol:

black dog

Free America

Yep, our representatives should be tarred and feathered for adding 600.00 more money to weekly unemployment checks so those not working are bringing home more money than someone that earns about 30+ dollars an hour until the end of July....
Snap and WIC benefits are bumped up to the maximum for each recipient..... WTF

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, our representatives should be tarred and feathered for adding 600.00 more money to weekly unemployment checks so those not working are bringing home more money than someone that earns about 30+ dollars an hour until the end of July....
Snap and WIC benefits are bumped up to the maximum for each recipient..... WTF

I'd rather see that than $25mil for the Kennedy Center and other elitist bullshit.

GregV814

25 mil should be allocated to the Kennedy Foundation for rickety bridge repair and pfds for Kayakers

Hessian

Nailed it.
The alternative media is gradually chipping away at the false narrative of how ghastly this disease is. We have been sucker punched by the globalists, Main stream media, and MANY politicians who "love" the crisis mode because it gets them more attention. The Lies MUST come out...and people MUST pay for the fear they have induced in our more naive 'citizens' (future peasants').

black dog

Free America
Nailed it.
The alternative media is gradually chipping away at the false narrative of how ghastly this disease is. We have been sucker punched by the globalists, Main stream media, and MANY politicians who "love" the crisis mode because it gets them more attention. The Lies MUST come out...and people MUST pay for the fear they have induced in our more naive 'citizens' (future peasants').

Like most things, always follow the money...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nailed it.

Clearly a good number of Americans - some of them right on here - love the crisis mode as well and reject any information that threatens their hysteria. You show them solid numbers, and they go, "Yabbut :jameo: " They're enjoying this. They don't want good news or facts.

A large segment of our citizenry has revealed itself to be Salem witch hunters who are so invested in a narrative they don't care who they hurt. That was pretty eye opening.

Reactions: BOP

Hessian

Clearly a good number of Americans - some of them right on here - love the crisis mode as well and reject any information that threatens their hysteria. You show them solid numbers, and they go, "Yabbut :jameo: " They're enjoying this. They don't want good news or facts.

A large segment of our citizenry has revealed itself to be Salem witch hunters who are so invested in a narrative they don't care who they hurt. That was pretty eye opening.
Such vulnerabilities...can be exploited by either politicians...or corporations. This is a sad outcome of this "pandemic."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Glad we're not encountering any of those down here. Things are pretty calm, even and laid back.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Hijinx

I am wondering how many of the people who start getting unemployment checks will not start to work until the checks stop.