How is this legal?

limblips

PREMO Member

How can this possibly be legal? Do they require disclosure of ties with Planned Parenthood, NAACP, Nation of Islam, or any other organization? This on the heels of some states requiring release of social media accounts when applying for a purchase permit for a firearm.

Just another cut in the chiseling away of the 2nd and a direct violation of the 4th IMO.

Chris0nllyn

It's not legal.

SCOTUS has ruled (O'Hare Truck Service v. City of Northlake) that the govt. can't "retaliate against a contractor, or a regular provider of services, for the exercise of rights of political association"

SCOTUS also ruled (Shelton v. Tucker) that compulsory disclosures of political association is also presumptively unconstitutional.

TCROW

It's not legal.

SCOTUS has ruled (O'Hare Truck Service v. City of Northlake) that the govt. can't "retaliate against a contractor, or a regular provider of services, for the exercise of rights of political association"

SCOTUS also ruled (Shelton v. Tucker) that compulsory disclosures of political association is also presumptively unconstitutional.

Home of the 9th circuit. It will take a while.

limblips

PREMO Member
It's not legal.

So then this is a frivolous ordinance that based on precedent should never have been proposed let alone enacted? Somebody needs to go to jail for wanton waste of taxpayers money.

Chris0nllyn

So then this is a frivolous ordinance that based on precedent should never have been proposed let alone enacted? Somebody needs to go to jail for wanton waste of taxpayers money.
Only if you consider dealing with the NRA a "political association". Unfortunately, we don't hold accountable politicians who enact (or propose) unconstitutional laws.

This_person

The NRA is a domestic terror organization. I am not afraid to say it.
You know why you're not afraid to say it? Because if they were terrorists, they'd kill you for saying it, and there's a 0% chance you'll be killed for saying it, therefore they are not a terrorist organization.

limblips

PREMO Member
The NRA is a domestic terror organization. I am not afraid to say it.
I just did a search of the crime for 2018. The NRA did not commit any shootings or murders. Not so for your black community. So who is committing acts of domestic terrorism?

TCROW

By NOT Supporting the banning of Assault Rifles used in School Shootings

The NRA aren't terrorists, but they have supported gun control which is why I no longer send money to them. I have to wait to visit my dentist to catch up on issues of American Rifleman mag.