How long before

bcp

In My Opinion
the african in DC tries to shut down the internet along with the parks, the monuments the ocean etc...

oh, and how about things like the BW Parkway, shouldnt that be shut down too?

The Dude

You mean coitus?
the african in DC tries to shut down the internet along with the parks, the monuments the ocean etc...

oh, and how about things like the BW Parkway, shouldnt that be shut down too?

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

You are so funny, you should be a comedienne!

BOP

You laugh, but let's review, shall we?

Parks shut down: check
Monuments: check
Ocean: check
Internet: not yet, though the technology is in place, as is the legislation. Additionally, it, like telephony, is heavily surveilled.

What's next?

The Dude

You mean coitus?

Internet: not yet, though the technology is in place, as is the legislation. Additionally, it, like telephony, is heavily surveilled.

What's next?

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

I'm sorry little girl, you must be confused. No one can shut-down the ocean.

I gave you too much credit, because comediennes and comedians are usually pretty smart. EDIT: my apologies to the OP because BOP and BCP are actually two different people.

wm1953

What's next?

Of course you really do not think the President is deciding what
stays open and what does not. If you are actually concerned, I would
suggest you call Speaker Boehner at (202) 225-0600 and request he
bring the CR to the house floor without legislation attached to this
appropriations bill.

bcp

In My Opinion
Of course you really do not think the President is deciding what
stays open and what does not. If you are actually concerned, I would
suggest you call Speaker Boehner at (202) 225-0600 and request he
bring the CR to the house floor without legislation attached to this
appropriations bill.
so you are suggesting that if we dont like everything being shut down, we should just swallow the obamacare koolaid and worry about paying for it later?

wm1953

so you are suggesting that if we dont like everything being shut down, we should just swallow the obamacare koolaid and worry about paying for it later?

Absolutely not. It should be done through legislation but using
regular order. If your goal cannot be attained because the
majority of one house will not take up the bill you support
then it must be done by elections. The tactics being used now
are just pissing off the very people that could change the make
up of government. I think the outlook for control of both houses
looks worse now than a few months ago.
A note to fellow vets, according to the healthy vet website
the Charlotte Hall Clinic is open.

bcp

In My Opinion
That's exactly what they want to happen

I know, but its going to end up just like the bailouts
President Bush kept saying no. The left kept crying about all the people that were going to lose their jobs if President Bush didnt go along with it. obammy asked President Bush to do the bailouts before obammy illegally took office.

Bush did the bailouts.
the republicans got all the blame when it didnt work as the liberals pictured.

so now here we are, the republicans are trying to stop obammycare, the liberals are crying about the billions of babies that will die in the street, the liberals shut down the government because the republicans refuse to fund a bad program.

If the republicans cave in and let it pass in order to reopen the government, 2 years from now when the illegal one is gone and obamacare is draining the economy, putting people out of their homes, and less are able to afford care then now,,
The liberals will point to the republicans and blame them for passing it in the first place.
their current crying will be forgotten, just like the pressure from them on President Bush to allow the bailouts is forgotten.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Absolutely not. It should be done through legislation but using
regular order.

That is exactly what's happening.
The House originates a spending bill, the senate approves and sends it to the king.
If the senate or king don't like it it goes back tom the house.
If they still don't agree it goes to a conference committee where they reach an agreement.

If one side will only say "we won't negotiate" then the process stops

Midnightrider

That is exactly what's happening.
The House originates a spending bill, the senate approves and sends it to the king.
If the senate or king don't like it it goes back tom the house.
If they still don't agree it goes to a conference committee where they reach an agreement.

If one side will only say "we won't negotiate" then the process stops

The senate did approve the first one, with the only exception being removal of the one part. They accepted all the other terms the house wanted in their CR. The house has refused to vote on that bill, even though it would pass and would go straight to the president who would sign it ending the shutdown. But don't let reality get in the way

bcp

In My Opinion
The senate did approve the first one, with the only exception being removal of the one part. They accepted all the other terms the house wanted in their CR. The house has refused to vote on that bill, even though it would pass and would go straight to the president who would sign it ending the shutdown. But don't let reality get in the way

obama said he would not sign any bill that defunded obamacare, but dont let facts get in your way either.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Government Shutdown Also Shuts Down Florida Keys Waters | NBC 6 South Florida

Everglades National Park also was closed, putting almost all of Florida Bay off limits. In an email, Park Superintendent Dan Kimball said the closure applies to fishing guides, kayakers and pleasure boaters.

Dave Fowler, who heads the park's Key Largo ranger station, told The Key West Citizen that rangers will enforce the closure but will focus on educating violators about the situation. He said that during the last government shutdown in 1995, rangers in the Key Largo district didn't write a single ticket for violating the closure.

acommondisaster

I don't find it particularly comforting that they spend time "educating" people about the situation. A high school friend of mine is a Senior Director for Wildlife Response for the Humane Society - he travels all over the globe, educating and rescuing....anyway, his facebook page today talks about where he'd planned on going this week, but that "But thanks to the House of NonRepresentatives.... those plans are scrapped. My thoughts are with all the NPS and other federal employees who are more directly affected by human politics than I am."

If that's the kind of education they're giving, I'd rather they STFU and just write tickets.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I don't find it particularly comforting that they spend time "educating" people about the situation. A high school friend of mine is a Senior Director for Wildlife Response for the Humane Society - he travels all over the globe, educating and rescuing....anyway, his facebook page today talks about where he'd planned on going this week, but that "But thanks to the House of NonRepresentatives.... those plans are scrapped. My thoughts are with all the NPS and other federal employees who are more directly affected by human politics than I am."

If that's the kind of education they're giving, I'd rather they STFU and just write tickets.
Just ask him who he vote for, if he says barry, tell him he got what he voted for.