How long have you been married?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Just finished reading the wedding cost survey and the stats on how long marriages are lasting and wondered how long people here have been married. My wife and I will be at 24 years in May, how about the rest of you?

21 years in March.

My mom and dad were married for 40 years before my dad died... my MIL & FIL were married for just shy of 60 years before my MIL died. All grandparents for me and for hubby were all married until "death do us part"... so we see longevity in a marriage as normal.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
6 and a half years, and we both come from broken homes. :lol: But our parents are all happily remarried to spouses that are better suited for them, so there is a lesson in that.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
6 and a half years, and we both come from broken homes. :lol:

It'll be 6 years for us and we too both come from divorced parents. We dated for a year, got engaged and were married 9 months later in Las Vegas. And if I may add -- the 9 months we were engaged included NO wedding planning. I was sitting at my desk one afternoon and received a text from now hubby that said "Let's go to Las Vegas and get married." Three weeks later we were leaving BWI for LV. :cheers:

lovinmaryland

It'll be 6 years for us and we too both come from divorced parents. We dated for a year, got engaged and were married 9 months later in Las Vegas. And if I may add -- the 9 months we were engaged included NO wedding planning. I was sitting at my desk one afternoon and received a text from now hubby that said "Let's go to Las Vegas and get married." Three weeks later we were leaving BWI for LV. :cheers:

Smart man! Wish we would have done that from the get go and saved all the $$$ we spent.

15 for us in October

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Was married 9 years in the same house and 12 years on paper. No hurry to divorce. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was sitting at my desk one afternoon and received a text from now hubby that said "Let's go to Las Vegas and get married."

How modern - texting a marriage proposal. :lol:

I said in the other thread - 9 years first time around, 13 years the second. So I'm getting better at this marriage thing. Next time around I'm shooting for 15 years. :yay:

belvak

Happy Camper
It will be 30 years this July! My how the years do fly. My parents will celebrate their 54th in September.

Last edited:

MMM_donuts

6 months. We've been together for years and years and hadn't planned on ever getting married. We didn't think getting married would be any different from living together.............but it is! :bann:

I hope being married stays like this forever!

Just finished reading the wedding cost survey and the stats on how long marriages are lasting and wondered how long people here have been married. My wife and I will be at 24 years in May, how about the rest of you?

Would have been 30 years. :mad: