Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20,000-$30,000

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • $30,000+

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
zero, pay off every month, but i think we will start paying twice a month to lower Utilization percentage which right now is at about 30% a month on 13.5K limit. It's just every day expenses, PHUCK!

Seems credit scores can get lowered if > 25%, pay twice a month will ease that.

3. Raise the credit limits on your cards

If it’s tough for you to avoid utilizing more than 30% of your available credit before the month is up, another solution might be to request a credit line increase on your card(s). For example, if your credit limit is currently $5,000, but you usually charge $2,500 to your card every month, you’re regularly hitting a 50% credit utilization ratio.

But if you raise your credit limit to $10,000, you can spend the same amount every month and only get as high as a 25% balance-to-limit ratio. This could make a big difference in your credit score in the long run.

Be aware that requesting a credit line increase from your issuer might initiate a hard inquiry to your credit report. This might cost you a few points on your credit score in the short term, but as long as you’re practicing good credit habits, it should bounce back quickly.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
All of those are on Netflix or Hulu

Only certain hgtv/fn shows and they're definitely a lot slower/wait a little longer to add shows to the ques. But yes, eventually you'll see them. It takes getting used to waiting and knowing you can't watch something currently playing for another 6 months to a year +. At this point there's only a small handful of shows I'm desperate for on Netflix/hulu.

Christy

b*tch rocket
You know, I used to worry about credit card debt and having a stellar credit score. Now I could give 2 sh!ts. I will probably be in debt until I die, but meh, whatever. :bigwhoop: I've seen way too many people die with way too much money in the bank lately. People younger than me dropping like flies. I'm living for today.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go totally insane. I'm not living large in the Hamptons or buying $1000 bottles of wine, but I'm also not eating at the Golden Coral on date night or drinking rot gut liquor to pinch a few pennies. Not gonna happen.

BTW, whoever was worried about spending money of flip flops. Old Navy baby. $2 flip flops. I buy at least 10 pair every summer. :yay:

acommondisaster

I'm not too worried about a credit rating anymore. But very good advice GW. I am living in the house that I'll probably live in until I die. As far as racking up a credit card bill with a high interest rate, I find that if I want something bad enough, I will appreciate it more by paying cash. I think more using cash. With credit cards, I wouldn't think, I'd just buy it, and sometimes regret it later.

What about when you need a new car?

We use credit cards for big purchases, like appliances, flooring - but we do it in places that do 6 months same as cash and set reminders to be sure we've got it paid off by the 0% timelimit is over

Roman

What about when you need a new car?

We use credit cards for big purchases, like appliances, flooring - but we do it in places that do 6 months same as cash and set reminders to be sure we've got it paid off by the 0% timelimit is over
I have a new car. I guess because we are older, and have established a good credit rating, that it isn't a problem getting what we need. But like I said before, we pay cash. When you think of it, doesn't it seem kind of dumb buying something on credit, and then paying a high finance charge? What I have done in the past, is to pay off the card when the bill came in. So I just prefer paying cash. It might come back and bite me in the ass some day, but I'm old and don't really care.

somdfunguy

not impressed
I have a new car. I guess because we are older, and have established a good credit rating, that it isn't a problem getting what we need. But like I said before, we pay cash. When you think of it, doesn't it seem kind of dumb buying something on credit, and then paying a high finance charge? What I have done in the past, is to pay off the card when the bill came in. So I just prefer paying cash. It might come back and bite me in the ass some day, but I'm old and don't really care.

works well in some cases, my house loan 3.25% and the one car we still have on loan is .9%. I can make more interest then pay with these low rates, so that is what I do. Requires discipline though so it is not for all.

No credit card debt - only use it for online shopping and pay off every month. House will be paid off in 17 months! Retirement is good!:cartwheel

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I have about 40k in credit card dept. I don;t know how I am goign to get my own place with all this dept

BOP

Honestly, we lived too many times like things would never change. He loved his job, minus some of the travel, so I knew he would not necessarily go elsewhere. I know we did it to ourselves. Kids complain we can no longer go out to eat or do things like send them to the carnival. Even I get a little mad if I feel like I can't even replace my flip flops in fear we'd need that money. We told them our goal is to keep the roof over our heads, lights on and food in the kitchen. It's been a hard adjustment on all of us.

H

Hodr

We use our credit card for large purchases, as a way not to deplete our MMA, it's easier to pay them over time and we have such a low interest rate. Example, we needed a new washer and dryer and it was $3,500.00, slapped it on the card and paid it off over the course of year. I think it's different for every one. I work for a bank so I see what the interest charges are and make sure it gets paid quickly

Maybe I am WAY out of touch as far as the cost of new appliances go, but part of budgeting to me has always been purchasing within my means. Could I afford a $3500 washer and dryer? Probably, but what I ended up buying was factory refurbished Maytag appliances for a total of about $800. My clothes come out clean, and dry, so I guess I don't know why someone would spend 4x as much to get a similar experience.

PeoplesElbow

I use my credit card a lot and often have a $1000 bill each month but I pay in full every time. Helps me track spending is the reason I use it and since I am going to be spending that money anyway I might as well get points from it.