how much would it cost for a load of sawdust?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I know local farms get there saw dust in by the load, and i was wondering how much? we're helping out an older couple who has horses, and we would like a load for the stalls to come in.
thanks!

I know local farms get there saw dust in by the load, and i was wondering how much? we're helping out an older couple who has horses, and we would like a load for the stalls to come in.
thanks!
If you have a pick up truck you can go to the Amish lumber mill on Rt. 6. They will dump it into your truck and I think it is only about 10 bucks or so a luck load. A bigger truck might be more.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I just got a load from your source. It was 135, nice and clean..:howdy:

SHHHHH don't tell anyone...:whistle: He's ours:buddies: I already got my load for the year. I only have 2 horses now:yahoo: and they are out as much as the weather allows . They come and go so unless i stall them I don't use alot. I usually get 2 loads a year.

eventrder

tell me how you all store your dust.

Average for a dump body truck is around $130. Larry at Wicimco (sp) has some and I believe he delivers. You can alwasy do the mill there is one past Elams too but they dont always have it, seems like a lot of the delivery people get it from there for $20 and then turn around and charge us $150. I have one of those portable carports with sides on the side of my barn and the sawdust is under that, but you can always just tarp it. Its nice to have something to store it in with sides you dont waste any.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
tell me how you all store your dust.

You know that walk-in they have for sale at Stauffer's? The one that looks like three gates and a tin roof? I got my sawdust in that... covered loosely with a tarp. I didn't buy it for that purpose originally, but since it wasn't being used, we dragged it over to the side of the barn and it works great.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
SHHHHH don't tell anyone...:whistle: He's ours:buddies: I already got my load for the year. I only have 2 horses now:yahoo: and they are out as much as the weather allows . They come and go so unless i stall them I don't use alot. I usually get 2 loads a year.

Shhhh, ok, mums the word!!!:whistle: