how old..

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
to start lessons?

My daughter is obsessive about animals and putting her on a pony pretty much made her life complete. The kid is 18 months old and obv too young now, but out of curiosity when do lessons generally start?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I forgot to mention she is a total natural :killingme

Attachments

• horse.JPG
    horse.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 203

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
My great niece has been on the lead line at the fair for the last two yrs and she just turned three. Her mom takes her somewhere in Ltown that teaches them about brushing, cleaning and some riding of the horses. She loves it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My great niece has been on the lead line at the fair for the last two yrs and she just turned three. Her mom takes her somewhere in Ltown that teaches them about brushing, cleaning and some riding of the horses. She loves it.

I believe I was on a horse by that age as well.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

That'd be neat! she just freaked out over it, I had no idea she would react like that. really strange how much she took to the pony. she was so calm and quiet too, which is not like her :killingme

lovinmaryland

I forgot to mention she is a total natural :killingme
Aww she is just precious!
If you wouldnt mind could you post the info. I have a 3 year old girly as well and she would be interested and we live in Leonardtown so cant be more perfect :)

Attachments

• ipod 039.jpg
    ipod 039.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 141

erinjograves

My daughter is 3 and was in her first lead line show in August of this year. I dont see a reason why you can't start her in some kind of small lesson program. You just have to find someone that offers like 10-15 minute lessons. 30 minutes if you include the grooming.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Just find someone willing to do short stints of riding. The lessons would involve short rides and more grooming. Learning things like sitting up tall and smiling.

Personally I would wait until she is 2 since it is coming into the colder weather season.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know about the age to start lessons, but your little monstergirl is ADORABLE!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My daughter is 3 and was in her first lead line show in August of this year. I dont see a reason why you can't start her in some kind of small lesson program. You just have to find someone that offers like 10-15 minute lessons. 30 minutes if you include the grooming.

I know nothing about riding lessons for horse, but this sounds reasonable to me, considering her development stage at this point. :yay:

SugarNSpikes

I agree with waiting a little bit and finding someone that would do short riding sessions around 15 or so minutes at a time and focus more on grooming and just overall exposure to horses/ponies. At that young age, they enjoy riding but have such short attention spans that anything more is over-kill.

Eventer29

My sister and I were both raised around horses and started very young. My sister was jumping courses and walk trotting and cantering on her own at 4yo. Young children require shorter rides and lots of fun stuff. I like to incorperate lots of games to keep things interesting but they are also learning. Little ones learn a lot more than adults give them credit for. Try to find a place that will do short lessons but I also like a good old pony to teach on. Yes ponies can be a bit rotten at times but a good one will take care of a little rider and they are soooo much closer to the ground! Also, I dont care if the place teaches english or western a helmet is a must for me. Esp with those fragile little heads!