how old?

just.me

In September I will turn 41. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length, and I am in the process of growing it longer...I usually keep a perm in it, just a body wave. Nothing extravagant. My question is: Is it still appropriate for me to wear long, curly hair? Some 'friends' have made comments about how at a certain age, women should 'dress' their age and wear more appropriate hair styles. I admit, I will not change -- I am too damn vain about my hair. Nothing in this world could convince me to wear one of those cookie-stamped, helmet-head hair styles...... I was just wondering how you all feel about this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm 42 and my hair is past my shoulders and kind of wild looking, plus I tend toward more casual clothing.

It just depends on your own style. I'm a bum and not one of those cutesy girls, so my scruffy hair and wardrobe works for me.

Coaster

just.me said:
In September I will turn 41. My hair is a bit longer than ..?
Seriously, wear it long and curly. No problems that I can see. whoops, this is the ladies room... excuse please

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
just.me said:
Some 'friends' have made comments about how at a certain age, women should 'dress' their age and wear more appropriate hair styles.
Well, if you're wearing belly shirts and have pink streaks in your hair, they may have a point. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

just.me

kwillia said:
I think it all depends on whether or not you can pull it off... I socialized with a 40something this weekend that pulled it off perfectly and can probably get away with it for several more years...:shrug:

Well, as I sit here and listen to Pink FLoyd and Audioslave, I realize that I am just a damn hippy and will be like I am when I am a hundred................. :larry:

CandyRain

just.me said:
Some 'friends' have made comments about how at a certain age, women should 'dress' their age and wear more appropriate hair styles.

**** 'em. My friends started telling me that when I was 32. :bigwhoop: When their fiances started telling them that longer hair was sexier on women, they grew their hair out. :lmao:

just.me

Coaster said:
Seriously, wear it long and curly. No problems that I can see. whoops, this is the ladies room... excuse please

I'm sorry, did you say something? I was .......staring at your......tongue? :whistle:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I'm 42 and my hair is past my shoulders and kind of wild looking, plus I tend toward more casual clothing.

It just depends on your own style. I'm a bum and not one of those cutesy girls, so my scruffy hair and wardrobe works for me.

Vria doesn't count, she looks 25. :biggrin:

I'm 39 and I can't stand the thought of cutting my hair short.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
just.me said:

They're just jealous because you make them look bad. :lol:

Coaster

Mrs. Jones said:
Vria doesn't count, she looks 25. :biggrin:

I'm 39 and I can't stand the thought of cutting my hair short.

No reason to, your hair looks great.
Or looked great anyway, and probably still does.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
They're just jealous because you make them look bad. :lol:

:yeahthat: Long hair is just ME and I'm 40-something. I work in a very professional environment and it is just fine there. :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: Long hair is just ME and I'm 40-something. I work in a very professional environment and it is just fine there. :shrug:
I'll be 43 next week and my hair is long. I'm getting ready to get it cut with a new stylist :jameo: as mine is moving. I know they'll suggest a short cut but if I can't pull my hair up in a ponytail I'll go nuts. I see many different hair lengths in this professional environment also. All that matters is that you look "groomed" - no greasy strings, no weird punk streaks.
Hair length should be determined by your personal style and bone structure, not your age.

just.me

bresamil said:
I'll be 43 next week and my hair is long. I'm getting ready to get it cut with a new stylist :jameo: as mine is moving. I know they'll suggest a short cut but if I can't pull my hair up in a ponytail I'll go nuts. I see many different hair lengths in this professional environment also. All that matters is that you look "groomed" - no greasy strings, no weird punk streaks.
Hair length should be determined by your personal style and bone structure, not your age.

I agree, but I have heard this comment again and again. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers: