How The Grinch Stole Christmas

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Christmas Show Scams Fla. School Children

MIAMI - Busloads of school children who paid for a field trip celebrating the Christmas holidays learned a Grinchly lesson.

Thousands of youngsters had paid between $10 and $20 apiece to attend a show called "Christmas From Around the World." But when their school buses arrived Wednesday morning, the kids found a shuttered playhouse and a missing promoter — along with their money.

"The Grinch raised his ugly head today," said Mary Ross Agosta, spokeswoman for the Archdiocese of Miami, which sent students from seven Roman Catholic schools to the show.

Miami police said the 50-year-old promoter, David Lee Ellisor, is wanted for questioning on possible fraud and grand theft charges.

"The fact that he's not showing up is making us very suspicious," police spokesman Lt. Bill Schwartz said Thursday. Police estimate Ellisor received at least $2,000 for the field trip and said he failed to pay a $1,600 bill at a local hotel last month.

The show was scheduled to run through Friday and listed as sponsors the city's police and fire departments and the Doubletree Hotel. Schwartz said none of them were involved.

School officials said Ellisor approached them months ago and had passed out glossy fliers and packets promoting the event.

Public records show Ellisor listed two phony addresses for his business, University Diplomatic Trust — one turns out to be a Pilates studio in North Miami and the other appears to be a Miami bridge.

Ellisor could not be located, but he left an apologetic recording at the phone number on his flier: "I'm so, so sorry to inform you the field trip has been postponed because we didn't have enough money to buy the presents. The city of Miami would not accept the school checks, and we've been fighting and we're sorry about this last-moment delay, but the field trip has been postponed until a couple of weeks from now."

Gregory Wright, manager of the Coconut Grove Expo Center, said Ellisor bounced a $5,000 down-payment check in early November but was told he could still make good on the check and open the show. "But he never did." Wright said his staff was shocked when the buses began arriving Wednesday.

Parents and the pupils said they were disappointed by the canceled field trip.

"This is really outrageous to do to children," said Maria Cruz Escobar, who had taken the day off to accompany her 10-year-old son, Emmanuel, with his class.

There is a bright side: Some of the children will be invited to a Christmas party planned by Miami Mayor Manny Diaz and his wife at the expo center.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Fla. Town Upset Over Santa Revelation

MIRAMAR, Fla. - Sandra Jolly said her 6-year-old son's Christmas was spoiled when his teacher told the first-grade class Monday that "Santa Claus is make-believe."

"He had this sad, lost puppy dog look on his face. This unhappy, empty look," Jolly said. "He said his teacher informed the entire class that Santa is make-believe."

D.J.'s teacher, Geneta Codner, was reading a story about the Tooth Fairy when the class started discussing what was real and what was not, said district spokesman Joe Donzelli.

When the subject of Santa came up, the teacher started questioning parts of his story — How could a fat jolly man fit down a chimney? How could reindeer fly around the world in one night? — and told the children that wasn't possible.

"It's all been blown out of proportion," Codner said. "I'm sorry (parents) think I meant it that way. We were just having a discussion. I don't know where all this hurt came from."

The teacher said none of the children acted upset or sad during class. But Jolly and others disagree.

"How do you destroy a 6-year-old like that?" said Pam Sturt, whose son Bradley is in D.J.'s class.

Donzelli said the school's principal "had a real stern conversation" with the teacher. But there will be no written reprimand because she did not violate any school district policy.

"We have no Santa clause," Donzelli said. "We would think that teachers would use better judgment."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The fact that he's not showing up is making us very suspicious
Good call, Beavis. :duh:
How could a fat jolly man fit down a chimney? How could reindeer fly around the world in one night? — and told the children that wasn't possible and you're a retard if you think it is.
Vraiblonde as teacher. :lmao:

Larry, I swear that wasn't me!

Re: Fla. Town Upset Over Santa Revelation

Originally posted by jazz lady
How could a fat jolly man fit down a chimney? How could reindeer fly around the world in one night?
Doesn't this dumb wench know that Santa fits down the chimnney because he utilizes the original prototype for the transporter from Star Trek?

How could reindeer fly around the world in one night?
3 words for you: Worm Hole Technology.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
When I was about 7, I confronted my mom, asking for the truth about Santa. I never forgave her.

My brother is 5 1/2 yrs younger, when he started asking my older brother and I questions, we swore that Santa was real and we told him he was NEVER to ask mom or dad (dad did the deed for my older brother).

If he were to ask me today, I'd swear to him, Santa was real. I intend to continue this tactic with my own children. Santa is real, damn it. And nobody better tell me any different!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cmcdanal
If he were to ask me today, I'd swear to him, Santa was real. I intend to continue this tactic with my own children. Santa is real, damn it. And nobody better tell me any different!!
:yeahthat: