How The Right Views Inherited Wealth

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
The right and men who live off their second wives' inherited wealth - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

The right and men who live off their second wives' inherited wealth

What's most notable about John McCain's confusion over the number of homes he owns isn't merely that it demonstrates that, after running his campaign based on depicting Barack Obama as an out-of-touch elitist and himself as the all-American Everyman, McCain lives a life that is about as far removed from the Average American as one can get, and has done so for decades. What's notable is how McCain was able to live that way. McCain himself isn't actually rich. He just lives off the inherited wealth of his much younger, former mistress and now-second-wife -- for whom he dumped his older and disfigured first wife -- and who then used her family's money to fund his political career and keep him living in extreme luxury (while insisting that he sign a prenuptial agreement, which would make McCain the first U.S. President to have one).

Of course this doesn't apply to Senator McCain. :whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh...

...crap. I thought this was about JF Kerry. Couldn't be. He's a Democrat. What was I thinking?

My bad.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
So

Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is a Billionaire, so what if the McCain family has money, how should that disqualify McCain? Making money honestly is a good thing, unless of course you make money backing shabby Syrian slum lords who squander 14 million federal dollars and screw the constituents of your senate district in the process!!! I guess if you have low integrity, it's OK then... :coffee:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
McCain himself isn't actually rich. He just lives off the inherited wealth of his much younger, former mistress and now-second-wife -- for whom he dumped his older and disfigured first wife -- and who then used her family's money to fund his political career and keep him living in extreme luxury (while insisting that he sign a prenuptial agreement, which would make McCain
Hey Einstein, wouldn't a prenup prove that McCain gets to keep ONLY what he had before the marriage and his wife would keep what she had before it?
Meaning that her money is still her money? Your just like your mentor, the Obamination. When you have nothing relevant to go after, you go after the irrelevant. Who on earth cares how many houses McCain owns? Only a Marxist like the Obamination would. Go ahead FOOL, elect him; then when he comes for YOUR trailer, or tells you that you can't own more than one home, what will you do?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't...

Hey Einstein, wouldn't a prenup prove that McCain gets to keep ONLY what he had before the marriage and his wife would keep what she had before it? Meaning that her money is still her money? Your just like your mentor, the Obamination. When you have nothing relevant to go after, you go after the irrelevant. Who on earth cares how many houses McCain owns? Only a Marxist like the Obamination would. Go ahead FOOL, elect him; then when he comes for YOUR trailer, or tells you that you can't own more than one home, what will you do?

...even go there. This is a non issue. McCain is rich!? A bunch of houses? Doesn't know how many" Oh. He doesn't own them, she does? Got it.

The only legs it will have is if McCain pays any attention to it at all.

ImnoMensa

I would like to know how Obama got as rich as he is. Here is a poor guy with an education from Columbia and harvard and a wife who makes $400,000 a year with a political job he got her, living in a millions dollar home. Where did his cash come from?

We know where Mccains wife's came from.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I would like to know how Obama got as rich as he is. Here is a poor guy with an education from Columbia and harvard and a wife who makes $400,000 a year with a political job he got her, living in a millions dollar home. Where did his cash come from?

We know where Mccains wife's came from.

The day NObama became a Senator, the not for profit hospital that Michelle NObama worked at gave her a $192,000 pay raise so she was making like $320,000 a year salary now. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm...:coffee: