how to catch a lizard...

lil84

we have a lizard hanging out in front of the house.... i was on my way down the steps to do laundry and suddenly the, from me expected toy lizard from my son, moved... so i turned around and got a towel, did throw that over him but he ran out, in front of my dogs nose and into a crack... now i have no idea if this is the only crack i have around there.. i dont know how to catch him if i see him again, i just want him to be out where he belongs! i am not scared so whatever suggestion i get to catch him, im fine with it unless killing him, dont wanna do that! oh and one of my dogs is in hunting mood now after seeing him :doh:

red_explorer

kitty

Get a cat. It will find the lizard. I had a lizard get in a few weeks ago....only had to deal with it for about 10 minutes, until the lions (fierce hunter kitties) got it. :evil:

lil84

Get a cat. It will find the lizard. I had a lizard get in a few weeks ago....only had to deal with it for about 10 minutes, until the lions (fierce hunter kitties) got it. :evil:

my dogs will do the same but i would like to prevent it somehow and get him back out lol

we have a lizard hanging out in front of the house.... i was on my way down the steps to do laundry and suddenly the, from me expected toy lizard from my son, moved... so i turned around and got a towel, did throw that over him but he ran out, in front of my dogs nose and into a crack... now i have no idea if this is the only crack i have around there.. i dont know how to catch him if i see him again, i just want him to be out where he belongs! i am not scared so whatever suggestion i get to catch him, im fine with it unless killing him, dont wanna do that! oh and one of my dogs is in hunting mood now after seeing him :doh:

He'll be fine where he is.

PrepH4U

my dogs will do the same but i would like to prevent it somehow and get him back out lol

You know it probably has a lot of babies in that crack. Why would you want to catch it and move it to the woods? :shrug: How can you leave those poor young lizards to try and fend for themselves? :faint:
But maybe it's extended family that has been living in there will raise them. Next thing you know they will all be in your house! :evil:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I've had lizards living in/under my concrete steps for years. It seems to be where they prefer. The cat makes attempts at them every once in a while. I know this because some of them only have a partial tail. If she is successful, she's not successful enough to kill off the population. They really are very pretty (green/blue peacock-type colors) and as far as I know harmless. They aren't aggressive and they don't try to get indoors, so I leave them alone. I'd like to think they eat the insects in my flower bed.

lil84

he got into the house some time today, he was running around outside this morning lol im not sure if i can get used to the thought having him running lose in my house :lmao: ... but yes he is the blue/green color one as well looks very pretty!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I always have lizards on my deck..this year one learned to come in and while I was working he would go infront of the dog dryer and lay there...I kid you not...I would get up he would run under the cages then I would go back to grooming and he would lay back in front of the dryer...then he would go under the screen door and you would see him back on the deck lol

Radiant1

Soul Probe
he got into the house some time today, he was running around outside this morning lol im not sure if i can get used to the thought having him running lose in my house :lmao: ... but yes he is the blue/green color one as well looks very pretty!

Well, ok then! Don't know how to catch the buggar usually they're very fast. I think if he's stuck in your house it will probably die...in your wall or under your furniture or something...then it will smell...really really bad! Maybe the dogs will get it? :lol:

:huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Thanks for reminding me that there are some incredibly stupid people running around :lol: