How to do chrome nails with regular polish

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is for my own reference - after a ton of tedious trial and error - and if it helps anyone else, great!

Give your nails two coats of any polish - black works best for a true chrome look; dark/hot pink gives you a rose gold chrome effect.
Top with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat - MUST be a non-UV gel top coat.
Let dry completely, about 5 minutes.
Dip your applicator into the chroming powder and apply lightly to surface of nail.
Using your finger, rub and buff the powder into your nail until you reach the desired effect. About 30-seconds or so.
Top with a water based top coat - Suncoat makes a good one, buy it on Amazon. Anything else will turn it to glitter/frost and ruin the smooth chrome effect.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is for my own reference - after a ton of tedious trial and error - and if it helps anyone else, great!

Give your nails two coats of any polish - black works best for a true chrome look; dark/hot pink gives you a rose gold chrome effect.
Top with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat - MUST be a non-UV gel top coat.
Let dry completely, about 5 minutes.
Dip your applicator into the chroming powder and apply lightly to surface of nail.
Using your finger, rub and buff the powder into your nail until you reach the desired effect. About 30-seconds or so.
Top with a water based top coat - Suncoat makes a good one, buy it on Amazon. Anything else will turn it to glitter/frost and ruin the smooth chrome effect.

I wish I had time for that. Those days are gone for me. I just clip them off and move on. Pic, please. You always have had awesome nails in the pics you have posted overtime. I am jealous. :smile: And, the ad that popped up was ‘fix bunions’. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Sally Hansen Mermaid chrome nail is super pretty. It goes from teal to blue to purple, depending on the light. :yay: I thought it might be too gaudy but it's surprisingly understated - more glam than gaudy.