How-To: Fishing Buzzbaits for Bass

D

dems4me

Out of all the freshwater lures I use to catch Bass, buzzbaits would have to the most fun to fish with. Nothing beats the sheer exhilaration of watching a trophy sized largemouth totally destroy a buzzbait at the surface.

Fishing Buzzbaits - The Secret Tactics the Elite Pros Use - Southern Maryland Fishing

Twitter: So MD Fishing (somdfishing) on Twitter
Facebook: SouthernMarylandFishing.com | Facebook

I was told the colder the water temperature the slower the retrieve on artificial lures. With a buzz bait it would seem like you would loose a little on "presentation" when you slow them down. Is this true? :shrug:

fish67

I was told the colder the water temperature the slower the retrieve on artificial lures. With a buzz bait it would seem like you would loose a little on "presentation" when you slow them down. Is this true? :shrug:

You can "cup" the blades to allow for a slower retrieve, but I would agree a buzzbait is not your traditional "cold weather" bait. You can also try a double bladed buzzbait - it can be fished slower.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You can "cup" the blades to allow for a slower retrieve, but I would agree a buzzbait is not your traditional "cold weather" bait.

You think that's fun, try a Carolina rigged Rubber worm in a weed bed.. and you can see the weeds move as the bass is tracking to attack the bait..

You brace for the hit at the same time trying to keep the return steady and true, and not setting the bait before the strike.. You can almost feel them ready to pounce..

D

dems4me

You think that's fun, try a Carolina rigged Rubber worm in a weed bed.. and you can see the weeds move as the bass is tracking to attack the bait..

You brace for the hit at the same time trying to keep the return steady and true, and not setting the bait before the strike.. You can almost feel them ready to pounce..

I agree, I too like the Carolina rig on an artificial worm especially compared to a Texas rig!!! :yay: River Rat caught her biggest bass that was replicated and is currently hanging on her wall at her house. It was caught in the mattawoman during the spawn. She thought it was a carp or catfish because it wasn't fighting much. Boy was she surprised :clap: Only problem was she couldn't tell her buddies at work about it because she was playing hookie that day :killingme:

I like the garlic floating worms - bubble gum color... I was fishing one in Eagle Harbor area on the john boat about 3 years ago ... I felt a tug at my rod, I kept pulling and pulling and it felt odd... then smack!! It came flying down back at me from above... A bird had swooped down on it. I knew it was time to leave that spot when the fish werent bitting but birds were. :lol:

T

toppick08

:yay: