How to keep snakes out of the basement

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Dryer vent is fair game, lets just call it a doggy door for snakes. (except most of those vents are screened to keep critters out)

My neighbor has birds in his dryer vent. He's been on the lookout for snakes to climb up the side of the house after the birds.

FED_UP

DO NOT put mothballs in your basement.
In about two days you won't be able to breathe inside of your house

DO put them around the outside of your foundation and they'll keep the critters away from your house.

Its not that you can't put a very few in the basement, found that out the hard way before it got out of control, removed most of them right away the next morning. Also like someone mentioned the size of the home is surely a factor. I bombed the outside of the house like Hiroshima and even that was too strong. Ladies,snakes are just as nice as a similair male anatomy parts, be nice to it, it will be nice to you and won't get mean. I better put the wine down for the night ha ha.

ontheriver

Places I have personally discovered snakes in my lifetime:

Crawling along the baseboard heater (hot water pipes)
Kitchen sink
On the stove wrapped around a soup pot with his head in the pot
Top of the refrigerator
On the top of the refrigerator door
Window sills
Bath tub
Door frame
Strolling across the living room floor like he owned the place
In the dish cabinet
In the habitrail (rest in peace little gerbil)
On top of the television set
In the pump house
Wrapped around the oil burner
In every barn and out building
In the basement
In the washing machine
In the bird's nest on a porch
Lounging around on various tree branches

:faint:

ontheriver

Its not that you can't put a very few in the basement, found that out the hard way before it got out of control, removed most of them right away the next morning. Also like someone mentioned the size of the home is surely a factor. I bombed the outside of the house like Hiroshima and even that was too strong. Ladies,snakes are just as nice as a similair male anatomy parts, be nice to it, it will be nice to you and won't get mean. I better put the wine down for the night ha ha.

:killingme

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I'm scared to death of snakes. I won't kill them though. I could use a few around my house, I got mouse holes and tunnels everywhere outside.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm scared to death of snakes. I won't kill them though. I could use a few around my house, I got mouse holes and tunnels everywhere outside.

Go buy a couple of king snakes and let them loose in your yard..

Either that or the word will get out about your extensive menu and you'll have copperheads..

Hank

my war
hide yo kids, hide yo wife.... killed in Hughesville the other night... He was chillin near the house.

Attachments

• imagejpeg952.jpg
    imagejpeg952.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 230

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Copperhead for sure, me thinks. And a nice sized one at that. Good thing it be dead at the head.

SoMDGirl42

Places I have personally discovered snakes in my lifetime:

Crawling along the baseboard heater (hot water pipes)
Kitchen sink
On the stove wrapped around a soup pot with his head in the pot
Top of the refrigerator
On the top of the refrigerator door
Window sills
Bath tub
Door frame
Strolling across the living room floor like he owned the place
In the dish cabinet
In the habitrail (rest in peace little gerbil)
On top of the television set
In the pump house
Wrapped around the oil burner
In every barn and out building
In the basement
In the washing machine
In the bird's nest on a porch
Lounging around on various tree branches

Are you a fricken snake magnet?? :faint:

Please tell me this was in another state or country, and you did not find all these snakes in your house here.