How to Use the Government Rebate

saddlemount

Mudslinger
As you may have heard, the Bush Administration announced recently that almost every one of us taxpayers will get a nice rebate check soon from the U.S. Government: $300 to $600 for individuals, and another $200 for each dependent child.

The declared purpose of this rebate is to stimulate the American economy when we all go out and spend it. However, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline, it will all go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will all go to India, and if we purchase HD TV's, stereos, or other electronic crap, the money will all go to Taiwan. If we purchase a good car, it will all go to Japan or Korea or Germany. Shoe and clothing purchases will go to China, Indonesia , or Viet Nam.

Even if we buy food, the fruit and vegetables proceeds will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, and beef proceeds will go to Argentina -- and of course, none of it will help the American economy!

We need to keep that money here in America! So the only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and liquor, since these are, apparently, the only businesses still left in the US.

Go USA!

I guess Elliot Spitzer was just a little ahead of his rebate.

ewashkow

It's $300 for each additional child.

Okay, so everyone on welfare that keeps popping out kids to get a bigger check so they can stay at home and watch :jerry: will be getting back more money then people that actually contribute something to society. Great. :sarcasm:

Saddle, I did find the joke funny.

Toxick

Splat
We need to keep that money here in America! So the only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and liquor, since these are, apparently, the only businesses still left in the US.

And tattoo parlors.

In fact, with my rebate money, I'm getting Mrs. Toxick's name tattooed across my 6-pack like a gangsta.

And then I'm going to get loaded up on booze.

And then I'll probably buy my kids a couple video games that were designed, programmed, and manufactured in japan.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
I never bothered to check the details, simply passed along what I thought was a goofy/funny joke. It sounds like only a few of us found it humorous though!

Hessian

Renting a beach house..

up in Maine and buying Lobstah.

Poof: the rebate is gone.

I wonder if I will get stimulated?:lmao:

ewashkow

I never bothered to check the details, simply passed along what I thought was a goofy/funny joke. It sounds like only a few of us found it humorous though!

I found it funny but I just don't really like the idea. If I qualify for the stimulus, I am just going to use it on my credit card debt which isn't what the intention is for. But it's my money and I will spend it the way I want.

I just found out how I'm spending mine....

$450 for a new truck axle. Not included in that are the bearings, seals, fluids and LABOR !!!!!!!!

Now THAT'S a JOKE!!!!

AndyMarquisLIVE

Okay, so everyone on welfare that keeps popping out kids to get a bigger check so they can stay at home and watch :jerry: will be getting back more money then people that actually contribute something to society. Great. :sarcasm:

Saddle, I did find the joke funny.
The tax rebate is welfare.