How Windy Was It??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

TPD

the poor dad
It was so windy today it blew the cardboard off of my forklift that was keeping me dry last week. But that's ok because fields are drying and hope to be cutting soybeans again by Friday!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was so windy today it blew the cardboard off of my forklift that was keeping me dry last week. But that's ok because fields are drying and hope to be cutting soybeans again by Friday!

What are they bringing a bushel these days? Been 45 years since I was on the farm and hauling corn and soybeans out of the fields..

TPD

the poor dad
What are they bringing a bushel these days? Been 45 years since I was on the farm and hauling corn and soybeans out of the fields..

Thanks to Trump and the China trade deal - about $11/bu locally (Perdue in Lothian). That is an increase of more than $2/bu in the last 2 months. China is finally living up to their end of the deal and buying our beans now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanks to Trump and the China trade deal - about $11/bu locally (Perdue in Lothian). That is an increase of more than $2/bu in the last 2 months. China is finally living up to their end of the deal and buying our beans now.
That seems at first glance to be a decent price. I remember thinking some few years ago how it seemed that bean, corn, barley and wheat prices were not really much higher than they'd been back in the 70s when I was on the farm.

TPD

the poor dad
That seems at first glance to be a decent price. I remember thinking some few years ago how it seemed that bean, corn, barley and wheat prices were not really much higher than they'd been back in the 70s when I was on the farm.

that is a very good price with this year's yields of 55-75 bu/ac. I'm only complaining about weather this year(like every year). And masks.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well... the wind blew down most of the leaves in the back property. I can now see the lights from the houses on the other side.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well... the wind blew down most of the leaves in the back property. I can now see the lights from the houses on the other side.
I'm hoping the wind did the same for my front yard so I can have my lawn guy come for leaf management.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not at all! Just not part of the job description and incredibly unexpected!
Relish it! When I had my porch repainted last year, the guy called me and asked to trim the shrubs around it so he could get to the porch better. YeeHaw!