How would you handle this?

Tidewater

A 15-year-old boy shot and injured a man he said was trying to break into his home early Saturday morning.

Maxine Chandler opened the door of her Hollywood home at about 3:30 a.m. Saturday, expecting her husband. Instead, she said she was faced with a man trying to kick down the front door.
from nbc6.net

home invasion

Are you prepared? Have you had this happen to you? How would you really respond?

<there is no EEEEK! smilie> :eek:

Mikeinsmd

Tidewater said:
from nbc6.net

home invasion

Are you prepared? Have you had this happen to you? How would you really respond?

Plain & simple. I know who's spose to be in my home & if I awaken to a shadow in the doorway, BOOM!!! :faint: :dead:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Mikeinsmd said:
Plain & simple. I know who's spose to be in my home & if I awaken to a shadow in the doorway, BOOM!!! :faint: :dead:

:yeahthat:

got kids and me to protect....shot first and ask questions later :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Legally, I think the boy is going to be facing some challenges. On a personal level, I hope hit the 10 ring.

T

tikipirate

Did anyone notice how Florida TV covered the situation versus how DC/NY/LA TV would have handled it?

Florida TV said, "This young 'man of the house' protected his 12 sleeping sisters and cousins from a would-be home invader."

DC/NY/LA TV would have reported, "A disoriented cyclist was murdered tonight in cold blood..."

Just my random observation.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mikeinsmd said:

Uh, K-Jo, remember that plan to slide into Mikey's after midnight? No go. Repeat No Go. Abort mission.

R

residentofcre

Tidewater said:
Are you prepared? Have you had this happen to you? How would you really respond? :

Why did she open the door?

Even if my husband was trying to break down the door... he would have some explaining and calming down to do before I would open the door!

J

JPC, Sr.

The Wizard!

Tidewater said:
from nbc6.net

home invasion

:larry: The link did not give the other side of the story. It said, "he might have been on drugs." Well maybe he might not have been, and maybe he was in some kind of trouble or some emergency of his own.

The man is shot and could die without a Judge, Jury or trial, and if we give him the simplist shadow of a doubt then we could consider people as innocent until proven guilty.

The concept of shoot first and ask questions later is barbaric or at best it is driven only by fear.
:howdy:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:larry: The link did not give the other side of the story. It said, "he might have been on drugs." Well maybe he might not have been, and maybe he was in some kind of trouble or some emergency of his own.

The man is shot and could die without a Judge, Jury or trial, and if we give him the simplist shadow of a doubt then we could consider people as innocent until proven guilty.

The concept of shoot first and ask questions later is barbaric or at best it is driven only by fear.
So let's see, so far you've said you don't want to get tough on crime, now you don't want people to be able to defend themselves, and you continuously say that you don't want people moving down here.

Real positive messages there, Mr. Wizard. Brilliant. :sarcasm:

Mikeinsmd

JPC said:

If I PM you my address, would you appear in my doorway at say around 1:30 am??? :whistle:

Nanny Pam

Tidewater said:
from nbc6.net

Shoot em'! Then go check my carpets to make sure they didn't track any dirt in. If they did, shoot them again!

Oh no....can't find my gun??

Get naked! That would scare anyone away!

JPC said:

Why give the person breaking into YOUR house the benefit of pulling a weapon on you??

If there is a person coming into my house, they had to break either a door or a window to get in. They are not coming in to throw me a party they are clearly coming in with some malicious thought in mind.

rack'm

Jaded
teverheart2002 said:
Why give the person breaking into YOUR house the benefit of pulling a weapon on you??

If there is a person coming into my house, they had to break either a door or a window to get in. They are not coming in to throw me a party they are clearly coming in with some malicious thought in mind.

As long as I can touch every person that belongs in my house, I will shot whoever is coming into the room we've taken refuge in.

ocean733

"Granger was also trying to protect his 12 sisters and female cousins, who were asleep in the house."

Holy Moly!! How many people lived in this house -- or was this a slumber party?!!

rack'm

Jaded
ocean733 said:
"Granger was also trying to protect his 12 sisters and female cousins, who were asleep in the house."

Holy Moly!! How many people lived in this house -- or was this a slumber party?!!

If you can't beat them, out breed them........:shrug: