How's everybody doing?

NextJen

Raisin cane
RV stayed high and dry - was worried there might be a high tide coupled with a possible storm surge. Glad that never materialized there.
At home (Calvert), had the usual stream run through the backyard during the sustained rainy period, but nothing came inside and luckily no wind or tree damage.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Picked up the stick that fell in the yard...headed up to survey the carnage to the Hatteras up in Deale. It was a rough, tough day all around. Pic to prove it... (The catfish sub at Happy Harbor is to die for)

1stGenSMIB

GFCI outlet in the garage tripped, turning off the freezer and both door openers.
Found it before anything defrosted.

I didn't think we'd have any worry as I got the generator running.
Same here on the generator..it had not been run in over 2 years...fortunately, I put it away right, so, a little fresh E-Zero on Sunday and it fired up like I'd ran it last week! Power stayed on while my sump pump worked on the water pouring in the crawlspace, but the genny was ready.

Yossarian

Lost power here in CRE for about 8 hours Tuesday, that was about it. Not even any branches to pick up. Driving to work in Prince Frederick around 630 am was a bit of a white knuckle experience.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It was crazy in many areas of PF, but we were unscathed this time. I found one spot of water damage, but it was not bad.

PJay

We got hit by one of the tornadoes. Had a tree fall on the house and the power was out for roughly 9 hours. Luckily I don’t think it did to much damage.

Glad you are ok and everyone else here. Darn storms are so stressful. With all else going on in this world, you didn't need this on top of it all.

Hugs to all.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Same here on the generator..it had not been run in over 2 years...fortunately, I put it away right, so, a little fresh E-Zero on Sunday and it fired up like I'd ran it last week! Power stayed on while my sump pump worked on the water pouring in the crawlspace, but the genny was ready.
I use Mechanic in a Bottle to counteract the ethanol, along with Sta-Bil.

DaSDGuy

Just drained the rest of the gas from the generator. It started fine but it was a little old so its going to the dump in September.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just drained the rest of the gas from the generator. It started fine but it was a little old so its going to the dump in September.
I thought about doing that, but I hate working in hot humid weather and getting gas stank besides. When it cools off a bit... maybe by November....

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I bought a dual fuel Champion from Tractor Supply. Have not run it on propane yet.
I was going to buy it at Lowe's, but they stopped carrying Champion, and have seen no dual fuel models again.
Actually paid less at Tractor Supply than using my employee discount at Lowe's.

Am considering something a tech from American Eagle Electric told me about.
It's an inlet through the wall to the breaker box, with a transfer switch, without needing an additional transfer panel.
Get that, then find a natural gas conversion kit...the 6500 watts will run what minimums we need.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It's an inlet through the wall to the breaker box, with a transfer switch, without needing an additional transfer panel.
Get that, then find a natural gas conversion kit...the 6500 watts will run what minimums we need.
Are you talking about back feeding?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm not sure, am calling them tomorrow to make an appointment for an estimate and explanation.
What you described kind of sounds like an external jack box to plug the generator into, a thru-the-wall cable into the breaker panel, tied to a breaker protected by a physical interlock. No transfer switches. That's how mine is wired.

Curious what they describe to you.

Bonehead

I bought a dual fuel Champion from Tractor Supply. Have not run it on propane yet.
I was going to buy it at Lowe's, but they stopped carrying Champion, and have seen no dual fuel models again.
Actually paid less at Tractor Supply than using my employee discount at Lowe's.

Am considering something a tech from American Eagle Electric told me about.
My original setup was just that 30 amp pigtail from the genny to an outdoor connector from there to a transfer panel. I had to kill the main in order to prevent back feeding.