How's this going to work?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kay Ivey - GovAL - just signed a bill basically banning abortion in her state. (Never mind that the brainless progs are losing their chit and saying that it's time for women to lead after it was a woman Gov who signed the bill.)

Apparently this was really meant to be a challenge to Roe v. Wade and AL lawmakers not only expect to be sued, they want to be sued because they want SCOTUS to review and perhaps overturn RvW.

As I have said numerous times, I am very much pro-abortion for practical purposes, but personally I find it gross and if it were outlawed that wouldn't hurt my feelings any. Alyssa Milano could reboot her career by running around encouraging skeezers to go on a sex strike.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IMHO this should be handled at the State Level ...
if a state wants to promote or ban Murder of your Unborn child go for it

at the same time we can do away with Federal Funding For Child Murder

If California Citizens want Murder on demand they can pay the taxes and fund it.

If Citizens of Alabama do not that is their right.

TCROW

It’s unquestionably unconstitutional under Roe and Casey. 11th circuit will strike it, and won’t even be granted cert by SCOTUS.

ROLL TIDE!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IMHO this should be handled at the State Level ...

I'll go for that. When Maryland does something that impacts me negatively, the bots tell me to move if I don't like it. It will be fun to throw that back in their faces.

Reactions: BOP

22AcaciaAve

I don't agree with this. I may not personally like abortion, but I understand the need for it in today's society. Plus I believe it is a freedom of choice. I hope if it does get to the supreme court that they strike it down. I wonder how all of the anti-abortion people would feel about an increase of about 10% in their taxes to help take care of all of the unwanted babies that will be born. I know it's an ugly truth, but fact is I don't want to pay for them. So maybe all of the anti-abortion people can pony up the money if abortions become illegal.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I don't agree with this. I may not personally like abortion, but I understand the need for it in today's society. Plus I believe it is a freedom of choice. I hope if it does get to the supreme court that they strike it down. I wonder how all of the anti-abortion people would feel about an increase of about 10% in their taxes to help take care of all of the unwanted babies that will be born. I know it's an ugly truth, but fact is I don't want to pay for them. So maybe all of the anti-abortion people can pony up the money if abortions become illegal.

We are paying now for them to be killed, just a little more for them to live would be worth it....

TCROW

I'll go for that. When Maryland does something that impacts me negatively, the bots tell me to move if I don't like it. It will be fun to throw that back in their faces.

You mean kinda like you tell people to move to Somalia when someone complains about something the feds do that impact them negatively.

What a small and petty woman you are.

TCROW

Pat Robertson agrees with you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

See, that's the thing. The anti-abortion people are thinking that women will either A) stop having irresponsible sex; or B) give the baby up for adoption, but I really can't see either of those things happening. What's more likely is that we'll have a rash of unwanted uncared for children growing into dysfunctional adulthood. If I have to choose between abortion or some little kid being abused and neglected, I don't even have to think about it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

AP reporter Meg Kinnard responded: "There are over 300,000 more female voters in South Carolina than there are men, yet South Carolina overwhelmingly elects candidates who oppose abortion. Regardless of how you stand on the issue, this 'man vs. woman' messaging is not based in fact or reality."

There are over 300,000 more female voters in South Carolina than there are men, yet South Carolina overwhelmingly elects candidates who oppose abortion. Regardless of how you stand on the issue, this "man vs. woman" messaging is not based in fact or reality. https://t.co/CmGzlsyJqb
— Meg Kinnard (@MegKinnardAP) May 15, 2019

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can you imagine the next fight over a Supreme Court Justice

:faint:

This will make the Kavanaugh Hearings look like Sunday School

Bushy23

Perhaps we can all agree that the goal should be to reduce abortions. I am pretty sure a huge majority of Americans are in favor of that. If these lawmakers actually had that goal, wouldn't they include legislation to provide free birth control(condoms, pills, surgeries)? Better sex education? Alabama is like 48th in the country in education according to the US News and World Report. Maybe educating your citizens on how to avoid getting pregnant in the first place and giving them free methods of birth control would reduce unwanted pregnancies. Without these other measures, it seems like political grandstanding(which is like 90% of what both sides are doing nowadays anyways) and a christian version of Sharia Law.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This_person

It’s unquestionably unconstitutional under Roe and Casey. 11th circuit will strike it, and won’t even be granted cert by SCOTUS.

ROLL TIDE!
So was stopping a school from segregation equally unconstitutional under Plessy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So was stopping a school from segregation equally unconstitutional under Plessy.

They're pretty clear that this is where they're going with it. The progs are like, "But...but...Roe v. Wade!" and are being reminded that they are the party that wants to amend our Constitution to abolish the electoral college.