How's your team look?

thedoug

Just a thread to see how everyone's teams are looking after the draft. I've got 8 teams this year with a goal to win half of them. Al leagues are slightly different as far as scoring, number of teams, and number of players per team.

Team 1 - Draft Sunday morning

Team 2 -

P Manning
P Rivers
TO
R Moss
S Moss
J Porter
MJD
M Barber
M Bennett
M Lynch
J Norwood
B Jackson
S Graham
SD

Team 3 -

P Manning
Pennington
Chad Johnson
TO
L Coles
V Jackson
Stallworth
Booker
T Williamson
B Wade
Cooley
Stevens
Gostkowski
GB

Team 4 -

Palmer
Eli
R Wayne
L Evans
I Bruce
Galloway
Booker
Wilford
MJD
Edge
A Green
L Jordan
M Bennett
Cooley
Stevens
Stover
MIN

Team 5 -

Brady
Palmer
T Green
Chambers
Porter
Burleson
Stallworth
R Williams
M Booker
C Davis
M Lynch
A Green
T Bell
F Taylor
O Daniels
Gostkowski
Stover
GB
NYJ
D Klecko
B Kelly

This was a perfect example of why you should be at your draft. Even if Carson Palmer wasmy highest rated player available, I would not draft him in the 2nd roud if I already have Tom Brady. I would have been better off at RB. I also would not have a backup K and DEF. I would have used those picks to get more backups at RB.

Team 6 -

T Brady
Rivers
R Moss
R Brown
J Galloway
J Porter
V Jackson
T Williamson
D Mason
W Parker
MJD
M Lynch
B Jacobs
L Jordan
D Foster
C Brown
Cooley
O Daniels
S Graham
Gostkowski
Vrabel
T Newman
Prioleau
D Brooks

Team 7 -

Peyton
Rivers
R Moss
Reggie Brown
V Jackson
Stallworth
Bruce
Porter
MJD
Portis
Jordan
C Brown
Shockey
Gostkowski
GB
DAL

Team 8 -

Peyton
Pennington
R Wayne
R Brown
S Moss
T Henry
T Jones
B Jackson
LJ Smith
Dallas Clark
Gostkowski
SD
Merriman

Teams 2,3, and 5 are the only ones favored for week 1. We'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine needs a little sumpin'...:ohwell:

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 189

thedoug

kwillia said:
Mine needs a little sumpin'...:ohwell:

Who do you have right now? If I know who everyone has, I can tailor the column to you guys instead of being a generalized column.

mainman

Set Trippin
Would you start Kitna over Bulger? Any other changes (this was auto draft)

QB Marc Bulger
WR Terrell Owens
WR Andre Johnson
WR Deion Branch
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
TE Kellen Winslow
K Robbie Gould
DEF Dallas

BN Minnesota
BN Jamal Lewis
BN Jon Kitna
BN Joe Horn
BN Jerry Porter
BN Eric Johnson

Last edited:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
DungeonMaster said:
Who do you have right now? If I know who everyone has, I can tailor the column to you guys instead of being a generalized column.
Maybe I can help.

I think she's asking if she should draft another tight end.

mainman

Set Trippin
mainman said:

QB Marc Bulger
WR Terrell Owens
WR Andre Johnson
WR Deion Branch
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
TE Kellen Winslow
K Robbie Gould
DEF Dallas

BN Minnesota
BN Jamal Lewis
BN Jon Kitna
BN Joe Horn
BN Jerry Porter
BN Eric Johnson
:tap:

thedoug

K_Jo said:
Maybe I can help.

I think she's asking if she should draft another tight end.

:lmao: Now that I zoomed in and saw the names... wrong fantasy dungeon for that kind of talk.

DungeonMaster said:
:lmao: Now that I zoomed in and saw the names... wrong fantasy dungeon for that kind of talk.
Well then what the heck good is a Fantasy Dungeon... I am so out of here.

:SLAM:

thedoug

mainman said:

QB Marc Bulger
WR Terrell Owens
WR Andre Johnson
WR Deion Branch
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
TE Kellen Winslow
K Robbie Gould
DEF Dallas

BN Minnesota
BN Jamal Lewis
BN Jon Kitna
BN Joe Horn
BN Jerry Porter
BN Eric Johnson

Are there only 4 teams in your league or what? I would stick with Bulger for week 1. Kitna is playing against a great pass D in Oakland and something about promising wins in Detroit is like asking to get injured and lose your job.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I'm in four leagues....

2 for money and I have only done one draft so far, one tonight, other 2 this coming weekend. All 12 man leagues

here is my 1st team, I had the last pick in rd. 1 and then it was drawn random, no snaking. This is not the exact order in which I got these players but the top few are in order.

Willie Parker
D. McNabb
L. Fitzgerald
Ronnie Brown
Andre Johnson
Reggie Brown
Dolphins
Randy McMicheal
David Akers
Tony Romo
Chris Brown
L. Coles
R. Droughns
R. Longwell
Jets
J. Stevens

I had pretty bad luck in the draft sequence, so I did the best with what I had. I expect to finish middle of the pack in this league unless I get very lucky.

Hopefully tonight will see some better results

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
Are there only 4 teams in your league or what? I would stick with Bulger for week 1. Kitna is playing against a great pass D in Oakland and something about promising wins in Detroit is like asking to get injured and lose your job.

Yeah no kidding you have like six names that are 1st or 2nd rounders in my leagues.

thedoug

AK-74me said:
2 for money and I have only done one draft so far, one tonight, other 2 this coming weekend. All 12 man leagues

here is my 1st team, I had the last pick in rd. 1 and then it was drawn random, no snaking. This is not the exact order in which I got these players but the top few are in order.

Willie Parker
D. McNabb
L. Fitzgerald
Ronnie Brown
Andre Johnson
Reggie Brown
Dolphins
Randy McMicheal
David Akers
Tony Romo
Chris Brown
L. Coles
R. Droughns
R. Longwell
Jets
J. Stevens

I had pretty bad luck in the draft sequence, so I did the best with what I had. I expect to finish middle of the pack in this league unless I get very lucky.

Hopefully tonight will see some better results

In a 12 man league I'd say top 4 if you stay on it. McNabb is a good pick, Romo is great insurance, Parker is a great pick, Ronnie Brown can be great if healthy and if the line can hold up, Chris Brown is a starter and TEN has proven they can develop RBs. Fitz, A Johnson, Coles, and Reggie Brown are all great choices that you'll have to play the matchup for. I think I would put Stevens over McMichael as a starter just because of the other receiving options in STL and TB. Why a backup kicker and a backup defense. See if there are any possible diamonds in the rough that you can swap out for. Notice I typically just have 1 backup for TE, D, and K. You could keep McMichael and Stevens but why not drop the Jets D for that possible beakout player. After Akers has a bye in week 5, drop Longwell for a backup D. Trust me, the Jets will still be there.

mainman

Set Trippin
another league...

QB Peyton Manning,
RB Brian Westbrook,
RB Marion Barber III,
RB/WR Marques Colston,
WR Reggie Wayne,
WR Lee Evans*,
TE Kellen Winslow,
D/ST Bears D/ST,
K Neil Rackers,

Bench Deion Branch,
Bench Mark Clayton*,
Bench Brett Favre,
Bench LenDale White,
Bench Derrick Mason,
Bench Broncos D/ST,
Bench Joe Horn,

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
In a 12 man league I'd say top 4 if you stay on it. McNabb is a good pick, Romo is great insurance, Parker is a great pick, Ronnie Brown can be great if healthy and if the line can hold up, Chris Brown is a starter and TEN has proven they can develop RBs. Fitz, A Johnson, Coles, and Reggie Brown are all great choices that you'll have to play the matchup for. I think I would put Stevens over McMichael as a starter just because of the other receiving options in STL and TB. Why a backup kicker and a backup defense. See if there are any possible diamonds in the rough that you can swap out for. Notice I typically just have 1 backup for TE, D, and K. You could keep McMichael and Stevens but why not drop the Jets D for that possible beakout player. After Akers has a bye in week 5, drop Longwell for a backup D. Trust me, the Jets will still be there.
League requirements are 2 def and 2 k.

CBSsportsline, and this is the way it has been since we started it 9 years ago, I doubt it will change, people don't like voting on new rules for some reason.

Too bad this isn't a keeper league, because I won it last year. Had LJ and Frank Gore who I got for a steal in the 8th rd.

Like I said I should finish anywhere from 4th -8th depending.

Last edited: