HRT. Anyone doing this?

nosey

After several months of feeling very anxious and ready to crawl outta my skin, coupled with periods every 2 weeks, GYN put me on Premarin and progesterine. He's not much into the counseling end of things, but as I understood it I should take the Premarin on Day 1 thru 25 (I was anxious and started on the 15th of the month figuring I could do the math).So, I take my brown pill on the 15th throught the 5th (more or less according to the calendar) on the 12th day I start the progesterone and take it until the 5th. Is this the way to go? Several times I have bled on the 19th day , but just for a day. Should I stop the pills when I bleed or continue on schedule? I stopped this last time an still have not had my period, though I feel like it is coming at any moment. I do smoke , am I really screwing myself up? Would love to hear all opinions (except about the smoking, get enough grief about that at home).

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
nosey said:
After several months of feeling very anxious and ready to crawl outta my skin, coupled with periods every 2 weeks, GYN put me on Premarin and progesterine. He's not much into the counseling end of things, but as I understood it I should take the Premarin on Day 1 thru 25 (I was anxious and started on the 15th of the month figuring I could do the math).So, I take my brown pill on the 15th throught the 5th (more or less according to the calendar) on the 12th day I start the progesterone and take it until the 5th. Is this the way to go? Several times I have bled on the 19th day , but just for a day. Should I stop the pills when I bleed or continue on schedule? I stopped this last time an still have not had my period, though I feel like it is coming at any moment. I do smoke , am I really screwing myself up? Would love to hear all opinions (except about the smoking, get enough grief about that at home).
Get a new doc. It doesn't sound like it's working. :crazy:

nosey

The anxiousness has lessened and I'm not having periods every time I turn, so that is good. But, I've heard so many scary strories about HRT, I wanna make sure I am doing this right.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
nosey said:
The anxiousness has lessened and I'm not having periods every time I turn, so that is good. But, I've heard so many scary strories about HRT, I wanna make sure I am doing this right.

I am not speaking for everyone else, but what are you talking about? What is HRT? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would stop doing any medical treatment that frightened me this much. Pioneer women took their menopause without a whimper.

greyhound

vraiblonde said:
I would stop doing any medical treatment that frightened me this much. Pioneer women took their menopause without a whimper.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vraiblonde again.

Nanny Pam

vraiblonde said:
I can't wait till you hit this dreaded stage! I bet you are going to be a blast. :lol:

Nanny Pam

nosey said:

Just a reminder that HRT is dangerous if there is a family history of cancer.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Pioneer women took their menopause without a whimper.

I don't know about "without a whimper", but I'm on the last leg of menopause and haven't used HRT. Scary stuff.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I'm 33 years old and have been going thru perimenopause for years. I don't even want to imagine what menopause is going to be like:banghead:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Seriously? You're too young to be going through menopause!

Yeah. That's what the doc's said. :lol: The only thing I still have is hot flashes. Everything is done, over, through, finished, no mas. :yahoo:

Nanny Pam

elaine said:
Yeah. That's what the doc's said. :lol: The only thing I still have is hot flashes. Everything is done, over, through, finished, no mas. :yahoo:
Same here. Started in my mid 30's. Even the occasional hot flash isn't that bad anymore.

Nanny Pam

CMC122 said:
I'm 33 years old and have been going thru perimenopause for years. I don't even want to imagine what menopause is going to be like:banghead:
I think I had a tough time. My husband didn't move out, but he did alot of "riding" in his truck. :lol:

My Mother was also young when she went through it, as well.

Nanny Pam said:
I think I had a tough time. My husband didn't move out, but he did alot of "riding" in his truck. :lol:

My Mother was also young when she went through it, as well.
I vividly remember when my mom was going through hers. I would call the house daily and ask to speak to my dad to make sure he was still alive and not buried in the crawlspace. :lol: