HS Football - State Semi's

fish67

So who knows anything about River Hill besides the following:

- moved up to 3A from 2A last year
- 40 game win streak
- won 2A state championship last 2 years running

What a great game Friday night will be as Huntingtown defends home turf in the state semi's against River Hill.

I'll be there tweeting live scores for CalvertNews.info ... CalvertNews.info (calvertnews) on Twitter

chess

low 5... hi 5......
the washingtonpost writers are always nuthuggin them

id love to see Htown lay the smackdown on them

DaBRAVES

River Hill is one of the most successful programs in Md over the last 5 yrs. Last years team shut out 10 of the 14 teams they played!! And I believe they allowed a total of around 40 points for the entire season. They lost 5 players to D1 schools from last years team, yet came out strong this year.

I hope River Hill destroys Huntingtown!!

thurley42

HY;FR
I have no knowledge of how MD HSFB Playoffs are formatted (obviously) so I have to ask...how can you have a 40 game win streak, be defending champs 2 years running, and NOT have home field?

DaBRAVES

I have no knowledge of how MD HSFB Playoffs are formatted (obviously) so I have to ask...how can you have a 40 game win streak, be defending champs 2 years running, and NOT have home field?

Each year is its own entity. Here is the point system used.

Point system for tournament selection

1. MPSSAA member schools
For defeating a Class 4A school = 8.0 points
For defeating a Class 3A school = 7.0 points
For defeating a Class 2A school = 6.0 points
For defeating a Class 1A school = 5.0 points

2. Nonmember schools will be placed in the proper classification according to member school enrollments based o the enrollments of grades 9, 10 and 11, comparable to the MPSSAA classifications. An all-boys or all-girls school enrollment will be multiplied by two.

3. Policy concerning unplayed games

a. Disbandment of a team prior to the first scheduled game/contest shall automatically reduce the divisor of the disbanded team's opponent by one game.
b. Disbandment after any part of the schedule has been played will be recorded as a win forthe disbanded team's opponents.

4. Winning team bonus points will be determined as follows:
a. A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.00 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who also plays a 10-game schedule.
b. A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.11 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 9-game schedule.
c. A team playing a 9-game schedule shall receive .90 of a point for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 10-game schedule.
d. A team playing a 9-game schedule shall receive 1.00 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who also plays a 9-game schedule.
e. For each game tied by a defeated opponent, a team shall receive .50 of a point.
f. For each game tied by a tied opponent, a team shall receive .25 of a point.
g. For each game won by a tied opponent, a team will receive .50 of a point.

5. When an MPSSAA member school plays a nonmember opponent who will not play the tiebreaker, the MPSSAA school shall receive points as follows:
a. 4A—4.0 points, 3A—3.5 points; 2A—3.0 points; 1A—2.5 points.

6. MPSSAA member schools whose opponents play more than a 10-game schedule will:
a. determine points from results of first 10 games if member school appears on the opponent's schedule from the first to and including the 10th game.
b. determine points by counting back 10 games from and including the game in which member school appears on opponent's schedule.

7. The total accumulated points will be divided by 9 or 10, depending on the number of games played. Ten is the maximum divisor and nine is the minimum divisor to qualify for state participation. A team must count all regular season games when using the point system determine representation. However, when a team plays the same opponent twice during the regular season, only the first game should count to determine team record and points.

thurley42

HY;FR
Each year is its own entity. Here is the point system used.

Point system for tournament selection

1. MPSSAA member schools
For defeating a Class 4A school = 8.0 points
For defeating a Class 3A school = 7.0 points
For defeating a Class 2A school = 6.0 points
For defeating a Class 1A school = 5.0 points

2. Nonmember schools will be placed in the proper classification according to member school enrollments based o the enrollments of grades 9, 10 and 11, comparable to the MPSSAA classifications. An all-boys or all-girls school enrollment will be multiplied by two.

3. Policy concerning unplayed games

a. Disbandment of a team prior to the first scheduled game/contest shall automatically reduce the divisor of the disbanded team's opponent by one game.
b. Disbandment after any part of the schedule has been played will be recorded as a win forthe disbanded team's opponents.

4. Winning team bonus points will be determined as follows:
a. A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.00 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who also plays a 10-game schedule.
b. A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.11 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 9-game schedule.
c. A team playing a 9-game schedule shall receive .90 of a point for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 10-game schedule.
d. A team playing a 9-game schedule shall receive 1.00 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who also plays a 9-game schedule.
e. For each game tied by a defeated opponent, a team shall receive .50 of a point.
f. For each game tied by a tied opponent, a team shall receive .25 of a point.
g. For each game won by a tied opponent, a team will receive .50 of a point.

5. When an MPSSAA member school plays a nonmember opponent who will not play the tiebreaker, the MPSSAA school shall receive points as follows:
a. 4A—4.0 points, 3A—3.5 points; 2A—3.0 points; 1A—2.5 points.

6. MPSSAA member schools whose opponents play more than a 10-game schedule will:
a. determine points from results of first 10 games if member school appears on the opponent's schedule from the first to and including the 10th game.
b. determine points by counting back 10 games from and including the game in which member school appears on opponent's schedule.

7. The total accumulated points will be divided by 9 or 10, depending on the number of games played. Ten is the maximum divisor and nine is the minimum divisor to qualify for state participation. A team must count all regular season games when using the point system determine representation. However, when a team plays the same opponent twice during the regular season, only the first game should count to determine team record and points.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer....I understand that one year to the next doesn't matter...I guess my point was I didn't know how the defending champs that went undefeated wouldn't have "homefield"

It sounds like they play up and down and not strictly in their own division....and the wins are weighted...that makes sense.

In Ohio we play all of our playoffs at neutral sites leading up to either Massilon or the Shoe...and we didn't play out of our division (2A)

:buddies:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Should be a great, close game.
River Hill sounds overpowering BUT Huntingtown has a great team and coaching.
Go Huntingtown!